Associate Software Engineer - Java
Req #: 190060999
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Java developer to join our expanding Information Technology team. In this role, you will help develop and design technology solutions that are scalable, relevant, and critical to our company's success. You will focus on Java/JavaEE development throughout all phases of the development lifecycle and must have a solid skill set, a desire to continue to grow as a developer, and a team-player mentality.
Java Developer Duties and Responsibilities
* Participate in the design and implementation of essential applications
* Demonstrate expertise and add valuable input throughout the development lifecycle
* Help design and implement scalable, lasting technology solutions
* Review current systems, suggesting updates as needed
* Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders
* Test and debug new applications and updates
* Resolve reported issues and reply to queries in a timely manner
* Develop and utilize technical change documentation
* Strive to deploy all products and updates on time
* Help improve code quality by implementing recommended best practices
* Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments
* Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same
* Identify potential challenges and bottlenecks in order to address them proactively
* Minimum 5+ years' experience in IT field, preferably in a corporate setting
* Solid working knowledge of Java, JS and J2EE technologies
* Significant experience working with Oracle and HTML
* Experience with database usage and management
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required; master's degree is a plus
* Java certification preferred
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.