Role Summary:In this role, the Cyber Secure Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, (Sr Incident Responder) will be part of a dynamic, growing team, responsible for the remote provisioning of cybersecurity technologies, monitoring, and responding to cybersecurity events occurring in customers' production environments.
Essential Responsibilities:As a SOC Analyst, individual is expected to work in an intense, 24×7 operational environment focused on monitoring, alerting and remediation of identified cybersecurity issues, potentially targeting clinical medical devices or customers' enterprise IT computing environments.
In addition to real-time threats, SOC Analysts must be able to research, document, and report on emerging cybersecurity trends facing healthcare industries worldwide.
A SOC Analyst must be able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities in a large corporate environment, as well as able to understand and convey technical risk aspects to different audiences.
This role requires the ability to work with minimal direction and company leadership.
In this role, you will:
* The best candidates for the role work well with other teammates, and must be able to demonstrate decision making skills to handle the often fast-paced role of a SOC Analyst
* Perform daily customer network/system monitoring and response operations
* Configure/tune cybersecurity monitoring systems/tools, and develop scripts and correlation rules
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications/Requirements:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree
* 1+ years' of experience detecting and remediating cybersecurity issues in a Clinical Operations Technology environment.
* 1+ years' experience as a Security/Network/System Administrator or equivalent knowledge.
* In-depth knowledge of various operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, etc.)
* In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, Network analysis, Packet capture, Routing/Switching, Network segmentation, Network/System/Host level operating principals and security controls.
* Working knowledge of various relational database technologies (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
* Working knowledge of various security methodologies, processes, and technical security solutions (e.g. Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems, Access Control Lists, Network Segmentation, SIEMs, Auditing/Logging and Identity & Access Management solutions, etc.).
* General knowledge of cloud based technologies and cloud security architecture basics.
* Network+, Security+, CEH or related SANS, or vendor specific (e.g. CISCO, Microsoft, RedHat, AWS, etc.) certifications preferred.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to travel 10%
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Wauwatosa or Waukesha, WI or Chicago, IL or a remote home office the US
Desired Characteristics:• Hands-on familiarity with SOC operations and tools
* Practical hands-on experience monitoring and responding to events in on-prem and cloud-based environments such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
* Practical hands-on experience with SIEM technologies
* Practical hands-on experience with one or more network security monitoring related technologies such as Snort, Surricata, etc.
* Practical hands-on experience with Antimalware solutions, such as McAfee, Norton, ClamAV, etc.
* IDS/IPS monitoring and analysis
* Network routing configuration and troubleshooting
* Network traffic and log analysis
* Insider threat and APT detection
* Malware analysis and forensics
* Understanding/differentiation of intrusion attempts vs. false positives
* Familiarity with CVSS risk scoring methodology
* Cybersecurity events investigation tracking and threat resolution
* Compose security alert notifications to field engineers responsible for on-prem remediation activities
* Remotely assist field engineers with remediation activities
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Illinois, Wisconsin;Wauwatosa, Waukesha, Chicago, or remote home office;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.