Role Summary:The HL7 Integration Engineer for GE Healthcare is responsible for supporting the implementation for GEHC-IT Carescape Gateway HL7 products etc. in the CCS product line.
This is a remote position
* Design, configure, implement and test interfaces for GEHC-IT Clinical and Cardiology Systems products.
* Lead the integration of various hospitals IT systems into the GEHC-IT Clinical and Cardiology Systems products.
* Work directly with external customers as well as disparate IT vendors on the development of system interfaces including writing detailed interface specifications that describe how the interface will work and the layout of the messages that will be used.
* Develop and improve interface tools, products, and implementation process and services offerings.
* Required to work on multiple projects with each project lasting a few weeks to an unlimited duration.
* Continuously strive to improve GEHC-IT System Integration process by utilizing Six Sigma Tools and Methodologies.
* Use GE Phased Review Disciple (PRD) process for the development and release of new products and offerings.
* AS Degree in Computer Science or General Business
* QDX Level 2 Certified and/or a minimum of 3+ yrs interface engine experience.
* HL7 Certified and/or a minimum of 3 years HL7 experience
* Project Management Experience
* Basic Networking Experience
* Candidate must be willing and able to work with computers including the following applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Windows and Microsoft SQL or Microsoft Access.
* TCL or C programming experience
* Experience working independently on multiple projects
* Experience working with compliance objectives
* Willingness to work out of a home office
* Willingness to take a drug test
* Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States
* Candidate must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example: verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background.
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Minimal travel required
Desired Characteristics:• BS Degree in Computer Science or General Business
* Level III Quovadx Certified
* HL7 Certified
* Experience with multiple Interface Engines: Quovadx / DataGate / Openlink
* Experience working with relational database query language
* Familiarity with product development and release process (e.g. GEMS PRD process)
* Experience with Information Systems Integration
* Unix and/or Linux experience
* Experience with Clinical and Cardiology Systems products and related workflow
* Familiar w/Six Sigma quality principals
* Stress Tolerance: Need manage high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances
* Dependable: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfilling obligations
* Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
* High Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.Additional Locations:United States;Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.