Cyber Research Engineer, Advanced Cyber Science
Req #: 222404
Location: Herndon, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Top Secret
Do you have a passion for innovation?
So, do we! At CACI / LGS Innovations our people are our greatest asset - we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We're always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Perform research, design and software development in various aspects of cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking for classified and unclassified projects.
More About the Role:
* Collaborate with customers to determine their most difficult cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking problems; coordinate project requirements definitions according to customer needs
* Research solutions to challenging cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking problems
* Design, implement and test research prototype software
* Integrate software into larger system, design test cases and evaluate solution effectiveness
* Contribute to and lead high performance technical teams to innovate and execute both short-term and long-term project goals
* Brief project results and demo software and/or hardware to technical and non-technical audiences
* Identify, create, and propose new research projects
* Understand, adhere to, and promote all CACI Ethics and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
* Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* US Citizen with ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance at the SECRET level or higher required to perform the duties of the position
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and 6-8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
* Broad computer science, analytics, machine learning, optimization and/or networking background, which may include knowledge in cybersecurity, IP networking, and software development
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently solve problems
* Software development and software engineering life cycle experience
* Demonstrated software development skills and experience in current languages and best practices
* Demonstrated knowledge of IP (v4 and v6) and computer and network security
* Software development experience on both Windows and Linux platforms
* Willingness to learn new skills and eagerness to investigate new problems both independently and as part of a small team
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Master's or PhD degree
* Network security, especially security of the public Internet
* Security strengths and weaknesses of protocols at the network, transport, and application layers
* Intrusion detection systems, information security systems, firewalls, antivirus systems, and honeypots
* Fingerprinting, scanning, and hacking techniques
* Machine learning and data analytics
* Optimization, cryptography and other advanced algorithms
* Experience with distributed computing and mobile ad hoc networking protocols and implementations
* Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
US-Herndon-VA-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.