Senior Software Engineer Technical Lead-Java/C++
Req #: 209552
Location: Austin, TX US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Ticom Geomatics, a CACI Company, delivers industry leading Signals Intelligence exploitation and Electronic Warfare (SIGINT/EW) products that enable our nation's tactical warfighters to effectively utilize distributed grids of networked sensors, assets, and platforms to perform a variety of critical national security driven missions.
We are looking for talented, passionate Engineers, Scientists, and Developers who are excited about using state of the art technologies to build user-centric products with a profound impact to the US defense and intelligence community. We are seeking to grow our highly capable engineering teams to build the best products in the world. The successful candidate is an individual who is never satisfied with continuing with the status quo just because "it's the way things have always been done".
What You'll Get to Do:
Our team is looking for a talented senior Java/C++ software engineer technical lead to build, enhance, and maintain complex software systems for the US Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) community. The selected candidate will be the lead engineer of a team of ten to fifteen developers/testers performing a variety of complex engineering tasks including: analysis, design, development, and test for our product areas.
The software developer will work both individually and as part of our Navy Surface Solutions team in our Austin location.
For those outside of the Austin area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead multidisciplinary technical teams
* Perform as project lead with the responsibility for instruction, assignment, direction and monitoring of the performance of assigned software developers
* Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of developer productivity and software development management.
* Create technical content of white paper and proposal development
* Prepare complex engineering analysis of projects and support proposal and planning efforts.
* Analyze requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
* Design and code new software as well as modify existing code to add features and functionality.
* Debug existing software.
* Develop code necessary to complete tasks in the specified time according to standards and guidelines.
* Employ design, development, and testing best practices.
* Profile, analyze, and optimize implemented software.
* Collaborate with hardware or software designers/engineers and analysts to develop, analyze, and evaluate hardware, software, and systems.
* Evaluate emerging technologies to determine advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions in virtual, web-based, and desktop applications.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* US Citizenship required along with the ability to secure and retain a security clearance.
* Experience leading technical teams to complete delivery of software products
* Requires expert level Java or C++ development experience.
* Willingness to learn and apply the best technology for a given application.
* Solid understanding of software complex design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
* Experience with distributed/asynchronous programming models.
* Ability to make and lead architectural decisions in a highly collaborative environment on issues such as client- and server-side state management, bandwidth usage, and performance.
* Proven delivery of production-grade applications including security, diagnostics, maintainability, scalability, auditing, and complex multi-layer troubleshooting.
* Typically requires a Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with AWS (including any AWS Certifications).
* Background in web technologies is highly desired.
* Experience with database programming and cloud technologies.
* Working knowledge of signal processing fundamentals.
* Working knowledge of MATLAB is helpful.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc. in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees." We've recently been named by Austin American Statesman as one of the Top Places to Work in Austin. We are an industry leader in interoperable, mission-ready Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) Precision Geolocation systems and produce diverse portfolio of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) products spanning small lightweight sensors, rack-mounted deployments, cloud-based solutions which are deployed across the world. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled TGI to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions.
Our work environment is highly focused yet casual with flexible schedules that enable each of our team members to achieve the work life balance that works for them. We provide highly competitive benefits package including a generous 401(k) contribution and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. See additional positions at: http://careers.caci.com/page/show/TGIJobs
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.