Reports toSenior DP Equipment Service Manager
The Customer Support Technician II provides pick-up and delivery of equipment using Company van. In accordance with Company policies and procedures, provides on-site configuration and installation services as well as technical assistance to enhance the value of Electro Rent for customers. Typically works on more complex assignments. Supports Customer Support Supervisor/Manager in administering CST activities. Assists with packaging, shipping and receiving of equipment to and from Distribution Centers, as necessary. Configures/maintains more complex equipment.
* Installs computer equipment at customer sites, verifies accessories and performs minor repairs and equipment exchanges as needed
* Configures computer product orders per technical notes. Typically works on more complex configurations
* Tests equipment using TSD (Technical Standards Documents) compliance documents to insure equipment quality
* Performs end of rent equipment checks. Verifies accessory and damage status, researches missing accessories
* Provides technical assistance in resolving customer support issues on-site, by phone or by E-mail
* Sets up or tears down equipment for exhibitions and shows Performs warehouse duties including pulling orders and shipping/receiving products shipped by common carriers
* Enters all incoming and outgoing orders and stock transfers using the Company's database
* Drives Company van to deliver and pick up equipment at customer's site
* Maintains delivery vehicles in safe and clean operating condition per ERT Weekly Inspection form
* Occasionally performs other tasks and special projects as assigned
* Knowledge typically gained through the achievement of an AA degree or equivalent in electronics
* A+ certification required within six months of assignment
* Knowledge typically gained through two years' experience in PC troubleshooting
* Requires a maintained, good/clean driving record. Must be insurable by Company's liability insurance carrier
* Must be able and willing to work overtime with little or no notice
* Must be able and willing to perform overnight travel that may require air transportation
* Must be able to access, input and retrieve data from Company database.
* Ability to perform the required physical elements of the job (listed below)
* Must be detail oriented and have the ability to simultaneously work multiple assigned tasks
* Good communication and customer service skills are required. Must also possess good technical writing skills.
Measurement of Performance
* Productivity in transporting equipment to and from customers within Company guidelines
* Ability to resolve equipment issues at the customer's site in a professional and service-oriented manner
* Accuracy of testing and repair comments, data collection, data input and local inventory integrity
* Quality of work, as measured by the Non-Conforming Product Program (NCP) which records product failures
* On time shipment of orders requiring configuration
* Effective and efficient utilization of time in support of office goals
* General performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation form
* Reports to Customer Support Supervisor/Manager
* Maintains good rapport with customer contacts and other end users
* Advises and trains less skilled technicians on technical issues and operational procedures
* Works with regional sales offices to uncover additional customer needs and ensure correctness of pending orders
* Helps the other technicians in the office to insure an even distribution of work and an efficient work flow
* Works closely with Customer Service Center and Distribution Centers on order exchanges, pick-ups and deliveries
* All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
* Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods
* Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
* Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
* Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
* Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
* Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
* Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
* Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
* Read documents, reports, files etc.
* Communicate effectively using the telephone
In addition to the above physical requirements all warehouse and field support positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds of equipment or boxes above the head, alone; or with help, lift 150 pounds; climb stairs and operate machinery such as fork lifts, pallet jacks and foam machines. For positions that include driving, the employee must have the ability to access and safely operate a company van or other vehicle.
RUSH Computer Rentals is one of the nation's largest technology rental companies. Our superior service has been relied upon for over 29 years to provide computer rentals, audio visual and business equipment rental products. Whatever your need, whether it's 3,000 computers for a short-term business need or if you're renting computers for an ongoing multi-month project - RUSH will deliver. Our proven reliability, depth of product selection and exceptional service throughout the computer renting experience make the difference. EOE
About Electro Rent
Electro Rent is a company that rents, leases, and sells new and used electronic test and measurement (T&M) equipment.