Reports toInstrumentation Programming Supervisor
The RF/Telecom Programmer position is responsible for developing programs in the calibration lab that will extend internal capabilities and provide improved work flow. The Instrumentation Programmer will work in multiple programming languages and have a strong understanding of metrology. The success of the Instrumentation Programmer's product will provide a consistent quality product that the customer may rely upon. Development of higher end programs to meet Z540-3 and 17025 accredited calibrations will extend our reach of customers.
* Write and deploy test and verification programs around the Industrial and Telecommunications areas of the lab which will be useful to the organization.
* Verify manufacturer and contract programs before they are deployed by the lab with the assistance of lab technicians.
* Assist with uncertainty budgets and help classify all verification programs to the highest standard possible.
* Work with technical staff to specify test equipment required: software controllers, drivers, interfaces and all components required to run the verification and/or test programs.
* Verify programs are controlled and archived to the server and only approved programs available for use.
* Automating test procedures for instrumentation set-up, checks, verification and programming assistance
* Analyze internally developed procedure, bug fix and edit as necessary to incorporate available standards to develop workable solutions
* S. degree in Electrical Engineering or other related science preferred
* 3 years' experience in programming Visual Basic, Visual C, Fluke Metcal or ESI Mudcats preferred. Understanding and experience with automation process controls and instrumentation drivers is a plus
* Prior experience programming controllers to calibration or test Agilent, Fluke, Tektronix, Doble, Megger, Vanguard Instruments is preferred
* Understand electronic instrumentation and their applications and possess the ability to troubleshoot in a calibration and/or test environment
* Advanced understanding of Electronic theory and instrumentation applications
* Ability to work in an electronic laboratory with application engineers and technicians.
* Strong computer skills including programming languages, Word, Excel, and ability to learn proprietary database software
* Ability to perform the required physical elements of the job (listed below)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Measurement of Performance
* Number of test and verification procedures deployed.
* Increase production flow through the lab.
* Increase in number of models the lab can calibrate in house.
* Number of models that can be coded to Z540-1 or higher standards pool
* Overall Growth of industrial market.
* Technical competence of the lab
* Manufacturer relationships
* General performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation form.
* All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
* Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
* Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
* Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
* Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
* Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
* Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
* Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
* Read documents, reports, files etc.
* Communicate effectively using the telephone
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing. EOE
About Electro Rent
Electro Rent Corporation rents, leases and sells new and used electronic test and measurement (T&M) equipment