What You'll Do
The new Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly visible, strategic position working with customers to accelerate deliverables and drive business outcomes.
The CSS is an expert on their aligned product or architecture. Their mission is to help the customer move to the next phase of the customer lifecycle and to visualize their future in the lifecycle. The CSS helps customers adopt and expand Cisco products. Maintaining an end-to-end lens, the CSS will partner closely with others (accounts teams, sales specialists, delivery teams, etc.) to provide the best-possible experience for the customer via the delivery of Customer Experience Accelerators and Ask the Experts that help customers advance through critical steps in the adoption process.
This role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco's fastest growing teams.
Who You'll Work With
The CSS will build deep relationships with customer senior leadership, partners, and the extended Cisco account team members in achieving their goals. The role will:
* Deliver accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) to a diverse set of customers that qualify, tailoring deliverables and driving business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement.
* Joins the Customer Support Executive (CSE) in 1:1 customer engagements and events.
* Contributes to the customer community digital spaces.
* Contributes to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
* Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions
* Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns.
* Responsible for evangelizing the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers
* Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers
* A willingness to travel 25% or more (pending role requirements)
Who You Are
* Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and aligns architectural and vertical expertise to cross-functional teams to drive alignment on decisions that enhance customer value.
* Technical Guru: Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer's environment to accelerate customer value
* Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer -work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively inspire technical implementation decisions and work towards common goal.
* Business Acumen- clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace
* Leader: Ability to form and lead teams. Exceptional team-building and time management skills. Proven track record in establishing new organizations, procedures, and offerings.
* Deep Domain Expertise: Expert with domain and industry deep technical knowledge of specialization architectures and customer stories.
* Results Oriented: Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
* Responder: Skilled at issue management and managing customer expectations.
* Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
* 5-7 years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role
* Deep technical knowledge in the following technology/architecture areas: Networking (Routing, Switching, and Wireless), especially in routing protocols: IGP, EGP, BGP,IS-IS, LISP and VxLAN,
* Experience deploying and troubleshooting PnP (plug and play), APIC-EM (Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module), DNA Center, or similar Network Management System.
* Knowledge of Software Defined Access, Software Defined WAN, and DNA Automation and Assurance.
* Understanding of network automation and application development
* CCNP / CCDP / CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred
* BS Engineering, Computer Science, Masters strongly preferred
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.