What you'll be doing...
As a Core Wireless Network Architect and a key player in our HQ Planning organization, you will be responsible for planning, designing, and architecting different aspects of the Verizon 4G EPC, 5G Core networks and associated end-to-end services, features and functionality. You will be responsible for working with the business teams to gather requirements, design solutions and select network infrastructure vendors. You will partner with other network, IT, and internal and external device teams to plan, design, deploy, and test the 5G Core network and 5G<=>4G interworking. You will also be accountable for tracking new development, contributions in relevant standard bodies (e.g., 3GPP, IETF, GSMA, IEEE) and work closely with other organizations to ensure VZW aligns with the industry and contributes to the development of new technologies and solutions. You will lead multi-departmental teams to design and develop key strategic and highly visible endeavors to the organization. Other responsibilities include:
* Defining use cases, planning, designing documents/artifacts, and test plans for network lab and field trials
* Leading RFI/RFP vendor selection processes for core network functions and service enabling applications.
* Analyzing technical solutions and make recommendations, incorporating both technical and financial advantages.
* Leading interdepartmental teams in the successful deployment of the 5G network.
* Working with equipment vendors to develop requirements, features, methods, and tools to support development and deployment efforts.
* Conducting feasibility analysis and vendor evaluation, developing project plans, driving IoT, managing contract/vendors, leading HLD effort, and supporting deployment.Developing, planning, engineering, and implementing guidelines, and providing direction for platform evolution including virtualized implementation of network elements.
What we're looking for...
You area subject matter expert in wireless network infrastructure and thrive on learning and developing new approaches to make systems more reliable. You have exceptional interpersonal and negotiating skills and are a skilled communicator, both orally and in writing. As a self-starter, you work well independently, completing projects with minimal oversight. Working in a team environment is also personally rewarding - you enjoy the opportunity to motivate and inspire your colleagues to achieve great results. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you are well organized and juggle competing priorities with ease, never missing a deadline.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge in wireless technologies and protocols including GTP or HTTP or Diameter or SIP or RTP or Mobile IP or circuit switching or VoIP architecture.
* Experience in IMS network planning, deployment or cloud-computing/virtualization technologies.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
* Experience in documenting call flows, developing interface specification, calculating system and transport forecasts, and performing capacity analysis
* Experience in network planning, technology development, or standards group participation.
* Experience in a tier1 vendor or carrier.
* Knowledge of the LTE, 5G RAN, and Core elements.
* Knowledge of 3GPP, GSMA, and IETF standards.
* IP communications experience (e.g., LAN/WAN/routing/switching).
* Working knowledge of 4G LTE core network elements.
* Knowledge of virtualized implementation (SDN/NFV) of Wireless network nodes under NFV, OpenStack, and other related technologies.
* Knowledge of new virtualization techniques (e.g., containers, WebScale architecture, kubernetes).
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Effective leadership, organizational, and people management skills.
* Ability to generate, understand, and interpret technology standards and incorporate them into project design solutions.
* Ability to develop and implement interdepartmental processes and procedures designed to support broad reaching business initiatives and goals.
* Contract negotiation and vendor management experience.
* Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to work independently in an unstructured and dynamic environment
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.