What you'll be doing...
In this role, you will lead the intelligence & cross-functional councils for a Network Category focused on routing & switching hardware and architecture to strategically position the sourcing & Network teams to deliver the best value to build the network in addition to acting as a coach on the category intelligence process.
* Lead a cross-functional team to develop a detailed Category Strategy between N&T and Sourcing for the Routingand Switching category with a spend greater than Five hundred million dollar.
* Establish strong relationships with internal business stakeholders.
* Conduct financial and Total Cost of Ownership modeling.
* Conduct competitor & industry analysis of products to benchmark & improve the company's competitive position.
* Work in collaboration with Network Planning to develop cost rationalization & value analysis of engineering product requirements to lower the cost of products.
* Manage prioritization of clean sheeting with our Teardown Lab.
* Responsible for construction and accomplishment of the Fact pack for negotiation including competitive intelligence.
* Develop negotiation options through a cross functional and data driven approach.
* Prepare and deliver executive level presentations to gain alignment across the business & clearly articulate the category strategy.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Network design experience.
* Knowledge of IP and data routing technology, policies, equipment & design
* Knowledge of network protocols: BGP,ISIS,OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, Segment Routing, EVPN, VxLAN, etc.
* Experience leading cross functional teams in the development of multi-year category strategies.
* Financial acumen and experience in business case development, cost modeling and other financial decision approaches.
* Willing to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline.
* Sourcing and procurement experience.
* Hardware experience with Cisco, Nokia or Juniper.
* TCO Modeling experience with Network equipment.
* CCNA, CCNP, JNCI or other similar certifications.
* Working knowledge of Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Software. Defined Network (SDN).
* Experience with Tableau, Qlik or other analytics tools.
* Management experience.
* Six Sigma experience.
* Demonstrated competency in communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with internal and external audiences at all levels.
* Strong financial acumen and experience in business case development, cost modeling and other financial decision approaches.
* Investigative mind-set with an attention to detail.
* Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
* Leadership skills in influential leadership situations.
* Clear, concise communicator, ability to translate complex messages into commonly understood terms.
* Strong consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to develop and establish solid and trustworthy relationships.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.