Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
Institutional Securities Tech (IST) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, IST provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
* The Client Financing Analytics group is looking for a dynamic individual with 8 years of total experience
* At least 5 years of experience in the Financial Industry to join its fast paced New York team. The group is charged with delivering consistent, stable, and scalable technology solutions for Prime Brokerage Finance. In particular, we are responsible for Prime Brokerage Liquidity Analytics, Funding and Finance Analytics and optimizing business profitability. The individual will work closely with senior members of the prime brokerage and equity swaps businesses and other global technology teams. Morgan Stanley's Equity Prime Brokerage and Swaps businesses are global leaders and consistently rated #1 in the industry. This role will provide an opportunity to be part of this world class business.
Required Technical Skills:
* Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Multithreading and Unix
* Hibernate - Rest based Web services - Relational database knowledge/SQL - DB2 preferred
* Agile/DevOps experience - Analytical / Quantitative Background (Advanced degree in Quant Finance, Math, Physics or Engineering)
Other Required Skills:
* Proven communication skills (in person, phone, and email) in a complex, global business environment.
* Ability to multi-task and work against deadlines/priorities - A sense of ownership and desire to take on an expanded role over time
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to deal with real world business issues
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.