Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Field and Client Technology (FACT) is a part of Wealth Management Technology that provides technology solutions for MSWM branch management, financial advisors, and their clients. The FACT technology suite includes 3D Advisor Desktop, Morgan Stanley Online, Field Management Technology, Workflow Technology and Content Management Technology. FACT also provides program management for division-wide initiatives such as Strategic Performance Reporting, Data Alignment, Branch Transformation, Batch Optimization, and Party & Account Data and Services.
The FACT Application Support team is responsible for providing swift, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service to end users of the production systems. This position is focused on user and systems support, answering hotline calls, monitoring systems alerts, and taking corrective action. Technical understanding is important as well as the ability to speak to users and understand their problems. In addition to direct user support tasks, the team performs infrastructure related tasks including process configuration, hardware capacity planning, event management, release work, and support tool development to ensure any repetitive tasks are packaged to remove any element of risk.
This position is for a Level 2 Technical Support role, providing triage of application issues reported by Performance Reporting Business and Operations teams. This includes analysis of issues from a front and backend perspective.
Candidate will work closely with application developers, infrastructure support groups, and other application teams supporting the Wealth Management business. Primary responsibility is to ensure stability of business critical client and server-based application processes and associated infrastructure. Although business knowledge is not an essential skill, understanding business demands help inform decisions in all areas of our team. The position offers an interesting mix of business and technical aspects.
It is important to stress that strong interpersonal skills and team spirit are required in addition to the ability to proficiently deliver verbal and written communications. This is a team that works extensively with other IT members in all MSWM locations. This job demands strong work ethic and requires extensive hands-on, active participation.
Proactively detecting, troubleshooting, and resolving all issues affecting production applications. This involves coordination with and escalation to development and external teams where necessary. This team owns all issues escalated to us until it is resolved or a workaround is provided for end user to continue functioning.
Responsible for maintaining clear, concise, and timely communications with affected parties during the investigation and resolution of any individual or system-wide outage
Responsible for the stability of the Production environment
Develop and continually revise (in partnership with other teams where necessary) suitable policies and procedures to ensure appropriate application development standards are available to guide development for systems deployed to Production.
As the gatekeepers of the Production environment, responsible for ensuring the Change Implementation Management guidelines/policies are adhered to for all systems deployed to Production.
Responsible for servicing all requests for data or other activities that require access to Production systems
Work with development teams at the appropriate stages in application development to ensure any new systems or projects meet the Production standard
Responsible for maintaining and growing a body of knowledge that is accessible to all team members. Ensure information regarding any support related activities or issues are available and easily accessible. The goal is to improve self-reliance and reduce dependency on the availability of development or external team resources for the initial troubleshooting and resolution of problems.
* Unix / Linux: Experience of supporting Unix based applications including experience troubleshooting in a Unix environment.
* SQL/Databases (MSSQL/SYBASE/DB2): Understanding of tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures, and the ability to understand them by reading their definitions. Familiarity with SQL constructs. Understanding of transactions, query plan analysis and database troubleshooting.
* Shell Scripting: Ability to write a shell script from scratch and ability to understand existing scripts by looking at them.
* General Software Skills: Understanding of source code management concepts and experience with at least one source code control tool.
* Autosys: Ability to create and debug Autosys jobs and dependencies. Ability to analyze a complex job stream and correct any inconsistencies, errors or omissions and point out potential problems.
* Windows: Basic understanding of the Windows environment
* SOLR: experience on SOLR will be a plus
* At least 4 years IT experience, with some of it dedicated to application support
* Experienced, technically hands-on professional that understands both code and infrastructure
* Solid track record in an operational/support role, understands incident/problem/change management and how to drive stability across organizations.
* Be able to manage an outage incident, coordinating user communications, and other teams to help resolve an incident.
* Strong and keen focus on metrics and trend analysis
* Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data
* Candidate must have the ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties during outages and actively communicate updates to APG and BU partners
* Must be comfortable with on-call rotation including weekend work
* End user support - able to talk to users to discuss their problem and work through to a resolution
* Self-motivated with exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
* Strong ownership mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction
* Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills
* Experience working in a virtual or global team
* Self-starter and ability to multi task with can do attitude
* Familiarity with ITIL terms around incident and problem management
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.