The Airbnb content strategy team is growing, and we're looking for people who are passionate about writing for a global audience of guests and hosts. As part of the design team, you'll work closely with product designers and researchers to shape experiences, build trust with our community, and evolve our brand voice.
We're looking for a hands-on, experienced content strategist with a background in financial products to join our growing team. Our payments platform serves a global community of hosts and travelers. As part of the design team, you'll work closely with product designers and researchers to shape experiences, build trust with our community, and evolve our brand voice.
* Contribute to a team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists
* Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, and influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms
* Work with cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance the needs of our hosts and guests with our business goals
* Define the content strategy for a given product and write clear and concise content across multiple touchpoints (including product names, labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, marketing pages, and notifications)
* Help people who use Airbnb feel welcome and empowered, carefully considering tone and writing content that's consistent with Airbnb's mission of belonging
* Work with other content strategists to maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines and help evangelize those resources across the company
* Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of content strategy
* Approach all of your work with a global mindset, advocate for designs and language that internationalize well, and work with our translations team to improve quality
* Share your work with other content strategists, provide feedback on their work, and contribute to the team through mentoring, onboarding or recruiting
* 2-4 years of experience in Product Content Strategy
* Excellent writing and editing skills
* Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
* Experience writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides preferred
* Experience with financial products preferred
* Comfortable working in an engineering environment and technical product area and proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Passion for Airbnb's mission and deep empathy for our diverse community
* Portfolio of writing samples
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.