What is the Homes team at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb's core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up. Within Homes engineering, you can have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. Whether you are working on one of our big bets such as guest loyalty or personalization, improving our tools for guests and hosts around the world, or working on a new business such as Airbnb for Work or Airbnb Plus, you will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Homes is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
When it comes to Mobile within Homes, the mobile platform has become the preferred means to book travel. It uniquely enables our hosts to be responsive even while on the go and enhances the travel experience of our guests by giving them highly relevant information when they need it. We believe that a clean, simple and easy to use interface is essential to achieving an optimal user experience. It is no surprise our apps have been featured in the Google Play Store, the iOS App Store and WWDC.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What is iOS at Airbnb?
iOS at Airbnb is one of the main platforms that millions of users engage with daily. You would be helping build a critical part of the future success at Airbnb. Specifically we are looking for engineers who want to own large scope and drive huge impact.
If you are interested in product development - we're looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We're looking for someone who is not only well-versed in iOS development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and enjoys working closely with design.
If you are interested in more mobile infrastructure - we're looking for individuals who are thoughtful, responsible, passionate and appreciate infrastructure advancements. We're looking for someone who has a strong understanding of mobile architectural patterns and is excited to learn about and contribute to that at scale.
* Built core discover and booking flows for millions of guests. This involves creating an incredible user experience to optimize the user search journey, a performant listing visualization and a robust streamlined booking flow.
* Built Apple Watch and TV apps to allow Airbnb users to access Airbnb on other mediums.
* Involved in high profile product launches, for example iOS engineers created a new tier for Airbnb with Plus, which were brand new flows from the ground up to enable verifications and merchandising of a brand new global selection of homes.
* Built core flows for the millions of Airbnb hosts who use the app every day to manage their listings. An example feature is the "Progress" tab in the iOS app which allows hosts to see their earnings, views and bookings, and track their progress towards being a Superhost and collections their listings might be eligible for.
* Built a tool that allowed hosts to provide step-by-step, picture-based, and automatically-translatable check-in guides that guests can access offline to make checking into a listing easier.
* Built a reusable server-driven user interface framework to collect listing information from hosts to provide guests with the most accurate accommodation details.
* 2+ years industry experience
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
* Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store.
* Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense.
* Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth.
* Interest in innovations within the mobile industry.
* Airbnb Mobile Tech Talk recorded at Airbnb HQ
* TechCrunch - Airbnb makes checking in easier
* TechCrunch - Airbnb rolls out an apple watch app
* TechCrunch - Airbnb launches Apple TV app
* TechCrunch - Airbnb launches tablet friendly version
* Wall Street Journal: With an IPO planned, the company seeks to broaden its appeal beyond home rentals
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 paid hours per month for community service)
* Company-sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.