Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a senior engineer that has expert experience with a broad set of collaboration platforms such as JIRA, Jira Service Desk and Confluence
* JIRA - Our Jira environment has over 200+ projects that include large interdependent projects for our product and engineering organizations for bug tracking and issue tracking, custom applications leveraging the API, large IT project with more traditional ITIL service management issue types
* JIRA Service Desk - Our Jira Service Desk environment is a highly customized user experience supporting company wide workflows and portal requirements
* Confluence - Our Confluence environment is used as an internal and external knowledge management platform with million plus views and over 20,000 users
* Responsible for managing multiple projects as well as operational tasks.
* Service Health - Responsible for managing the health of our Atlassian Data Center configuration including node health, optimization and tuning
* Support - Responsible for support during business hours for the entire Atlassian stack as well as being on-call for support.
* Monitoring - Experience defining requirements and implementing monitoring of Data Center infrastructure for JIRA and Confluence
* Plugin Management - Responsible for managing existing plugins, evaluating, testing and deploying new plugins to address customer requirements
* Jira Project Management
* Responsible for creating new projects, maintaining existing projects including permissions, schemes, workflow design and optimization, field management
* Experience developing requirements, documenting solutions in JIRA issues, coordinating testing and deploying solutions with full UAT by customers.
* Experience with Structure plugin preferred for more traditional waterfall view of the portfolio and projects within an organization
* Experience with with ITIL service management processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Request Fulfillment to encourage best practice workflows and issuetype development
* JIRA Service Desk
* Responsible for JSD plugin for evaluating new versions, documenting new features, providing training to other team members on these updates, implementation of updates
* Responsible for maintaining existing JSD portal homepages using Refined Theme for JSD including design, configuration, testing, and deployment through DEV -> STAGE -> PROD environments.
* Responsible for CSAT plugin configuration and management
* Responsible for email customization using templates updating existing and creating new templates
* Responsible for data quality across the JSD environment for all fields required for reporting in EazyBI.
* Responsible for EazyBI reporting plugin to manage all accounts, data quality, data import, updates to existing reports, developing new custom reports, training for team members and customers, developing KPI dashboards from individual reports.
* Responsible for managing all Confluence spaces including permissions, developing space templates, maintaining existing spaces and creating new spaces to customer requirements
* Experience with Brikit Theme Press plugin used extensively as a UI theming plugin. Requirements to manage existing themes, creating new themes to requirements and troubleshooting UI issues with spaces using the plugin.
* Experience using Brikit targeted search is preferable.
* Experience building custom plugins as needed to meet customer requirements not met by Atlassian Marketplace a plus
* Experience with Confluence API for integrations with other applications
* Experience with macros including Google Drive, Brikit Theme Press, Brikit Targeted Search, In-line Comments preferred.
* 5+ years as an Atlassian expert with the Atlassian Data Center platform with JIRA, JIRA Service Desk and Confluence applications
* Atlassian certification for JIRA, JIRA Service Desk and Confluence, with a preference of experience with deployment and management of the before mentioned applications in an Atlassian Data Center configuration.
* Ability to work on cross-functional projects demanding collaboration, communication and project management skills needed to be successful in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to be an effective communicator when reviewing customer requirements to be translated into technical requirements.
* Effective documentation skills to properly define new policies, run books, change requests, requirements documents
* Experience working in a service management environment where IT organizations adhere to ITIL processes including request fulfillment, Incident management, change management, problem management.
* Experience working in an agile software development where work is managed in development sprints including backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint execution, deployments and sprint retrospectives
* Experience writing custom plugins and scripts for the Atlassian Suite.
* Experience working with the following JIRA Service Desk plugins is preferred: Refined Theme for JSD, Candylio CSAT, Extensions, Canned Responses, Similar Issues, Active Directory User sync
* Experience working with EazyBI business intelligence plugin for JIRA/JIRA Service Desk
* Experience working with hardware and software automation and configuration using Chef and Terraform with the Atlassian Data Center environment preferred.
* Atlassian systems administration
* Agile certification preferred
* ITIL v3 certification preferred
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.