Founded in 2008, Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb's accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Role & Responsibilities
Airbnb's mission is to enable anyone to belong anywhere! Our Corporate Infrastructure team is responsible for network, collaboration and systems across our offices and co-located data center facilities. The role of the Buildout Project Manager is to plan and execute projects that originate out of Airbnb's IT and Real Estate teams. This individual will develop an implementation roadmap to help the department scale and support a rapidly expanding corporate office global footprint.
Expected projects may include the following: Corporate office build outs, expansions, refresh and upgrades. The Project Manager will also work to develop sensible business processes, templates, standards and tools congruent with Airbnb's unique culture. The successful candidate must have a solid project management background performing a similar role with an innovative mindset, experience operating a complex range of technology infrastructure projects, and able to demonstrate sustained successful delivery.
* Engage with corporate user groups, stakeholders and management teams to ensure ITX is delivering the correct project requirements.
* Tactical planning including detailed build requirements, project coordination & scheduling, contractor selection, budget management, and procurement.
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to research new designs and cutting edge technologies to solve complex business problems.
* Effectively communicate the status of all projects across the department, highlighting issues or conflicts between teams to stakeholders and management.
* Create and publish a weekly summary that outlines the state of projects across the department.
* Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
* Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
* Providing project management to vendor and partner teams and other cross-functional departments to successfully implement the scope of the project.
* Lead the team in the design and development of structured cabling and AV installations for corporate offices.
* Conducting project kick-off meetings and clearly communicating individual project roles and expectations
* Ensuring all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively
* Remove impediments/blockers in order to keep teams productive.
* Manage vendors to ensure adherence to SLAs and expectations.
* Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity
* Approximately 30% domestic and international travel required.
* 4+ years of project management experience working on international projects.
* Demonstrated delivery capability for office build projects including network, Wireless, AV, build.
* Knowledge of structured cabling and construction design and planning process.
* Experience with procurement, vendor management, and RFP process.
* Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience.
* Ability to hit the ground running in fast-paced environment
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness Discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter Subsidies
* Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Much more...
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.