Use your GIS consulting and technical experience in the pipeline utilities sector to support our users with the implementation of GIS solutions. This is a challenging opportunity for an accomplished GIS professional with proven experience to help pipeline organizations with GIS implementations.
* Work with clients to translate and implement pipeline industry needs into GIS technology-driven solutions using Esri's enterprise GIS technology
* Synthesize user requirements, industry needs, and competitive analysis for project implementations
* Support various projects and work with managers to set goals and milestones
* Communicate the goals and progress of the team to various audiences
* Define and execute software configuration and testing activities as part of project lifecycle
* 5+ years of demonstrated practical experience in pipeline and utilities (gas transmission) industry
* Advanced knowledge of Esri's ArcGIS platform and professional experience with its practical applications in pipeline industry
* Domain expertise on developing and/or maintaining GIS pipeline asset data, integrity management, and utility centric operations
* Experience with relational database (RDBMS) such as Oracle or SQL Server and data models such as Pipeline Open Data Standards (PODS) or Utilities Pipeline Data Model (UPDM)
* Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills and ability to propose solutions
* Ability to lead and manage software development teams
* Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills
* Ability to work on multiple activities/projects simultaneously
* Bachelor's or master's in engineering, GIS, or related geoscience field, depending on position level
* Project management or planning experience on project teams
* Knowledge of linear referencing systems (LRS) and familiarity with pipeline stationing
* Experience with pipeline integrity management plan (IMP), inline inspection analysis (ILI), and high consequence area analysis (HCA)
* Membership or affiliation with Geospatial Information Technology Association (GITA), Petroleum Users Group (PUG), and/or the Pipeline Open Data Standards (PODS) Association
* Advanced GIS experience in mapping, geodata management, or geoprocessing projects
* Experience with desktop, client/server, cloud, and web applications and architectures
* Experience in the integration of ArcGIS with work management, network analysis, OMS, customer information, and document management systems
* Strong technical writing/documentation experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utility industries.