Esri's Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: enable user success, broaden the impact of GIS, and push our technology platform to make it better. As a technical consultant specializing in the electric and gas utilities sector, you will work closely with clients to establish solutions to make them successful, broaden the presence and effectiveness of GIS within their business, and support the development and growth of our platform into new domains by working closely with industry experts throughout the company.
Enable Users to be Successful
* Advise customers on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, product selection, and release planning
* Work with customers to prepare multi-year enterprise GIS implementation and migration strategies
* Help customers develop and implement state-of-the-art, technology-driven solutions by understanding how Esri's technology practically integrates with their solution vision
* Grow and support our practice through business development, expansion into new application areas, and delivery of products and services to new and existing customers
* Prepare and present high-quality technical presentations and demonstrations when needed
* Promote and align Esri's ArcGIS platform with the needs of new and existing customers
Support Strategic Esri Initiatives
* Collaborate with Esri's practice managers and marketing and sales teams to develop new business and strengthen customer relationships
* Manage the clients' and/or subcontractors' expectations to align with clear deliverables by cultivating strong relationships
* 7+ years of demonstrated practical experience in the electric and gas utilities industry
* Advanced knowledge of Esri's ArcGIS platform and professional experience with its practical applications in the industry
* Experience with desktop, client/server, and web applications and architectures
* Proven implementation experience, preferably for GIS/IT enterprise solutions
* Proven ability to develop project designs
* Ability to lead and manage software development teams
* Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills
* Ability to work on multiple activities/projects simultaneously
* Bachelor's or master's in GIS, geography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
* Knowledge of ArcGIS applied to electric/gas facility management (AM/FM) such as right-of-way corridor planning engineering, design construction, inspection, network analysis, integration with other systems, and market analysis
* Experience in the integration of ArcGIS with work management, network analysis, OMS, customer information, and document management systems
* Knowledge of and experience with local, state, or national regulatory agencies
* Familiarity with RDBMS and geodatabase design
* Familiarity with mobile applications for data collection
#LI-SS1 The Company
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utility industries.