The Product Engineer for applied Data Science will perform a wide variety of statistical and analytical techniques using the ArcGIS API for Python and other Web GIS tools along with other open source or proprietary analytic tools and capabilities commonly employed across national security related problems. All work performed in this role is from the perspective of a customer-user in the role of a Data Scientist working on national security challenges and problems. From this perspective, the overarching goal of the Product Engineer is to create the right ArcGIS products and experiences to meet the analytic needs across the national security community. This work will include performing, documenting and teaching a wide variety of technical tasks, developing best practices, creating tutorials and documentation, identifying new technical requirements, and improving the analysis tools and APls.
* Participate in the design, release and successful adoption of the Python API for ArcGIS across multiple industries and a particular focus on national security interests.
* Develop sample integrations, tutorials and documents for working with Jupyter Notebooks and the ArcGIS System
* Leverage open source as well as proprietary modules using Python
* Perform bug fixes and maintenance tasks for relevant and related products
* Write samples and guides using Jupyter Notebooks, SOK guides and blog posts
* Design, test, release, and support ArcGIS software for geoprocessing and analysis to enhance overall product quality and applicability for supporting data science workflows and needs
* Participate in the design of new functionality for future releases
* Identify workflow, data sources and enhancements for existing analytic methods and techniques
* Evangelize data science community to our software community through various venues such as user documentation, educational materials, social media and online content
* Ability to apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to data and be comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
* Incumbents are effective communicators capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
* Strong background in statistical theory and application
* Industry experience with case analysis, requirement gathering, and documenting to enhance existing software
* Experience with designing, documenting, and executing functional test plans, in a commercial software environment
* Knowledge of mocking up user experience modifications to support new software features
* 2 or more years experience with geoprocessing and Python scripting
* Knowledge of RDBMSs, such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
* Bachelor's or master's in GIS, statistics, geoscience, or related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utility industries.