Seeking a candidate to fill a Communications Engineer II position to support an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) program. Specifically, the Communications Engineer II will support Video Teleconferencing (VTC) within the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area.
The Communications Engineer II will provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for point-to-point and multi-point VTC capabilities to supported personnel using Polycom MGC MCUs and RMX MCUs GFE. In addition to traditional VTC support, such as meetings, training and broadcast messages, The Communications Engineer II plays a critical role in Enforcement and Removal Operations whereby the U.S. Department of Justice and Executive Office for Immigration Review conduct hearings via the VTC system.
The candidate should possess the following qualities:
* Service-oriented work ethic.
* Team leadership and strong responsibility.
* Must possess organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively across all management levels.
* Maintain a positive and professional demeanor, often under stress.
* Flexibility to support dynamic mission priorities.
Communications Engineer II duties include, but are not limited to:
* Serve as site lead with the responsibility of training and mentoring team members.
* Complete single engineer technology assignments.
* Respond to end-user service requests.
* Manage IT Service Requests and Change Requests for all technologies and processes.
* Test, deploy and maintain operability of all associated VTC assets.
* Support shiftwork, on-call schedules during off-hours, holidays, and emergencies.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer, telecommunications or related field.
* Equivalent related technical experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* At least three (3) years of relevant experience, troubleshooting/documenting, on a wide variety of servers, desktops and networking / telecommunication technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, architectures, including switching, routing, DNS, Firewall, etc.
* Ability to develop and execute IPv4, IPv6 and ITU E.164 address plans.
* Possess comprehensive knowledge in Network Engineering or Systems Engineering.
* Proficient in various voice communications, applications, servers, operating systems, etc.
* Ability to document solutions with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
Required Clearance: Up to Secret clearance
* CompTIA A+
* CompTIA Network+
* CompTIA Security+
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 1929120 Date posted 06/25/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.