What you'll be doing...
As part of the newly formed Verizon Business Group you will be providing technical leadership for various modernization programs that fuel revenue growth for a $32 billion business unit.As Cloud Solutions Architect, you will serve as the technical lead driving public cloud migration and data center consolidation for this exciting new organization. You will work closely with peer teams to define resilient, secure, and high performing architectural frameworks. These frameworks will the building blocks that enable automated life cycle management, cost optimization, and AI \ ML driven decision making.
You will be tasked with utilizing emerging technologies to deliver innovative solutions that drive our Cloud based future. In order to see these solutions through to successfulimplementation you will be required to build trusting and collaborative relationships with peers from Application Development, Cloud Enabled Engineering, Network Engineering, Information Security, and various 3rd party vendors.
What you'll do:
* Overall responsible for the design and implementation of automated life cycle management, cost optimization, and AI \ ML driven decision making frameworks.
* Technical evangelist that is able to simply articulate an API first approach to application \ servicemanageability.
* Identify gaps in the current architecture and develop solutions in support of our API first approach to application \ service manageability.
* Perform analysis of various technologies to develop recommendations that meet both the tactical and strategic needs of the org.
* Partner with global application development teams to convert business requirements into high level architectures and conceptual designs.
* Develop and maintain reference architectures and best practices that allow for secure, high performing, and highly available solutions.
* Manage and refine an application onboarding process for cloud migration program.
* Collaborate with Engineering, PM and Ops resources to provide technical expertise and support on Cloud deployments and operations.
* Build requisite automation for repetitive yet complex tasks through the use of automation frameworks.
* Provide higher level support on day to day technical roadblocks faced by the public cloud migration team.
* Identify opportunities to leverage and train prod support teams in order to prevent repetitive escalations.
* Manage consultants in both direct and matrix structures; manage multi-skilled global employees and contractors. Mentor and coach cross team members.
* Work with executive management to provide overall program status, updates.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* An ability to present solutions \ status to executive audiences up to the CIO level
* AWS certification - solution architect.
* Experience in architecting, designing, and implementing cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions.
* Enterprise infrastructure knowledge with expertise in network, compute, and storage.
* Knowledge of AWS and OCI public cloud services including EC2, ELB, Cloudwatch ,VPC, VCN .etc.
* Knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic Container Service) and best practices to secure registries, images, workloads.
* Automation experience using tools like Cloud formation, Python, Ansible, and Jenkins.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree in CS
* An ability to simplify the complex.
* Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Solutions Architect
* Three or more years of experience developing infrastructure, platform, application or service architecture roadmaps.
* Appropriate escalation judgment & execution.
* Strong collaboration and influence skills.
* Strong presentation skills to communicate complex concepts effectively.
* Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment.
* Excellent communication, project management, and strategic thinking skills along with strong technical experience.
* Strong collaborative and partnering skills to engage diverse teams in resolving common objectives.
* Experience managing talent, mentoring and coaching.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.