EverQuote is seeking a Cloud Native Engineer to help craft, improve, operate & scale EverQuote's growing cloud infrastructure. You will work directly with our Engineering teams to provide guidance and consultation regarding application and service design. You will facilitate the implementation of our Cloud Native applications and services that are both sustainable and scalable in production. As a member of this growing team, you will contribute to EverQuote's methodology, toolchain, and patterns throughout all levels of the Software Design Lifecycle. In some cases this will be prototyping new approaches and paving a path, in other cases you will be championing existing patterns and helping teams leverage and apply them.
* Consult with our teams on cloud native development and practices
* Work directly with teams as a domain expert at both technical and conceptual levels
* Augment and improve applications to leverage cloud platform specific features/tools
* Generate documentation which articulates rationale and technical approach to solutions
* Love to learn! Stay current on emerging technologies as well as advancements within existing technology stacks
* Partner with engineering teams to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration
* Participate in an oncall schedule.
* Participate in "buy vs. build" discussions and evaluations
* Hands-on experience with production-facing systems
* Working knowledge of docker, kubernetes, or other container orchestration systems in a production environment
* Experience operating cloud platform(s) at scale (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, ...)
* Comfortable working languages such as Go, Python, Typescript and Bash. Able to learn new languages as needed.
* Experience with a variety of debugging and observability tools and techniques.
* Experience in at least one infrastructure-as-code language (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
* A working understanding of microservices, 12 factor apps, and design patterns.
* A demonstrated ability to work with teams of varying skill levels
* A demonstrated ability and desire to teach/mentor others.
* Empathy for developers' pain points, curiosity, and an ability to productively engage in discussion.
* You have some of the following in your news feed tags :) "CNCF, k8s, golang, sre, docker, serverless, observability, istio, servicemesh, cloudnative, spinnaker, ci/cd, paas, sql, nosql, gitops, ML, spark."
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal. We save consumers and insurance providers time and money by operating the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
The Largest Online Auto Insurance Marketplace in the U.S. Everquote filed for an IPO on June 18th, 2018 to raise $75M by offering 4.7 million shares at a price range of $15 to $17, at an approximate valuation of $471M.