EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to join our growing team! As a senior member of the consumer experience engineering team, this role plays a critical function in ensuring that the applications and services we build meet the needs of the business while also being scalable, performant, easy to iterate and easy to extend. This role is for someone who enjoys optimizing consumer interaction and driving consumer response. You will improve the relationship with our consumers through creativity and problem-solving, using a wide range of tools.
Who you are:
* 5+ years of experience working with web technologies
* Comfortable with Node and client-side frameworks like React
* Competent with preprocessors and other code packaging tools, like SASS, PostCSS, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, etc.
* Able to quickly diagnose and solve code problems
* You have an understanding and appreciation for the many facets of designing for the modern web, including responsive design and progressive enhancement/graceful degradation
* You are passionate about building positive user experiences by always improving both your code and the UIs it generates
* You are competent at testing and ensuring your code's cross-browser, cross-platform compatibility
* You have an entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working with a team
* You are comfortable using data to support and validate your concepts
* We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data
* Our company is profitable & established. A "startup culture" without "startup anxiety."
* We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
* Growth mindset culture regularly seeking to reflect and improve
* Genuinely "data driven" with analytics is at the core of the company
* Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
* We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
The Largest Online Auto Insurance Marketplace in the U.S. Everquote filed for an IPO on June 18th, 2018 to raise $75M by offering 4.7 million shares at a price range of $15 to $17, at an approximate valuation of $471M.