Engineering is the heart of Cisco's innovation engine. Cisco's transformation and our ability to become the number one IT company, starts here.
The client facing HR Global Business Operations (GBO) team for Engineering is committed and focused on helping shape and enable this transformation. Our ability to drive people foundational services through services and process excellence, and operational and delivery optimization, with a future focus mindset and approach, sets the mark for greater efficiency, value and impact for the business, HR and Cisco overall - helping us create better engagement and the right experience. It also sets the stage for how HR can deliver the right analytics, insights and people planning. This is what our People Deal is all about - best people at their best - driving solutions and enabling teams that impact the world.
What You Will Do
In this role, you will help enable this effort as an Engagement Manager with one of the core eng-HR pod groups where you will project manage core aspects of HR program delivery directly to the business, assist in connecting the HR world for our business leaders through our "Connected people process enablement" framework, and being an expert at mobilizing, leading, problem solving, and navigating Cisco's various HR programs and service offerings.
Role & Responsibilities
In the forefront of this effort, you will be connecting our people planning through data, collaboration, communication, and process efficiencies.
* You will drive and deliver major HR programs by coordinating logistical items, pre-socializing corp strategies, managing budgets, enabling/providing metrics, partnering with compensation, as needed and helping the teams integrate their people strategy within a given program.
* You will help define and enable our next generation HR client delivery services experience through a more efficient, unified and simplified go-to-market approach, tied to Cisco's People Deal, key business goals and desired outcomes.
* You will actively identify areas for process improvement; you will participate, initiate and/or lead operational and service delivery process improvement and design discussions.
* You will drive thought leadership in improving operational capabilities and service delivery performance within engineering liaising with the HR ecosystem and the Engineering HR Manager and HR Partner community.
* You will influence our internal CF teams on best practices and challenge them to think differently about how we create the best value for our clients. You will help influence our eco system partners to better understand the challenges the business faces both within their market and within working here at Cisco.
* You will develop and deliver customized metrics and analytics for your aligned pod group.
* You will work with central services team on requirements and development of long term data intelligence and advanced analytics.
* You will use innovative and courageous approaches through our technology to re-image and rethink our go-to-market to improve our agility, execution, quality, and speed of service.
* You will deliver an improved and consistent experience in how client-facing HR delivers our core services across Engineering, by focusing on outcomes, simplification, user experience, dedicated analysis, ecosystem capability and service enhancements.
* You will create strong unity and alliances through solid project management.
* You will develop a solid understanding and compassion for the challenges that face the business, and the directions we are headed to help them solve these issues.
* You will help connect the dots between our business needs and corporate guidance and policies.
* You will help Develop Eng-HR's utilization and understanding of data analytics, and use data to help paint a full picture of the environment.
* You will work on cross functional projects outside or normal scope, and be able to work flex able with a "one team" mentality.
* You will demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities, adapt to a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, highly vibrant environment.
* You will operate with flexibility, agility and adaptability in a changing and challenging environment; able to think 'out of the box' when unexpected/unplanned events arise.
Who You Will Work With
If you are passionate and courageous about driving real change and being part of an excellent team focused on building and delivering the next generation HR client delivery capabilities and experience for Engineering, this is an awesome opportunity for you.
In this fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, we are serious about creating and enabling HR client services operational delivery simplification and improvements across our core and next-generation HR client delivery service offerings for Engineering.
You will work closely with our Eng-HR Client Facing Directors, their teams, and the business directly to drive/run the operational aspects of HR program delivery. Additional aspects of this position will involve delivering services directly to business leader, working on various projects around operation efficiency/scale/sophistication of our services with the centralized GBO team, and engaging with our HR eco system partners.
Who You Are
* 3+ years of working consulting, program/project management, client services, client facing HR or equivalent (HR experience preferred)
* BA/BS degree
* Expert knowledge in Excel with working knowledge of using Word and PowerPoint and other common office software, including collaboration tools like Jive, spark, doc central, cmmc etc…
* Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills. Capable of reviewing and synthesizing complex data to pull out key takeaways in a way that tells the story and progress towards desire outcomes.
* Demonstrated solid project management experience
* Experience working with HR is highly desired
* Experience in a client facing role and building rapport with high level executives
* PMP, Six Sigma, or BOST certifications
* Interest & knowledge of technology and current trends in the IT industry
* Change management: Track record of responsibility for leading or influencing organization-wide change.
* Experience managing multiple levels of partners
* Passion for creating a positive environment for clients, and within own team
* Building solutions around what business clients need not just specifically what they are asking for, requiring a solid ability to understand business and HR dynamics and challenges
* Service-oriented and intense customers focus mindset.
* Ability to understand and interpret complex scenarios and translate them in a simplified and easily digestible format
* Strong capabilities in building visual representation of information and data
* Flexible, agile and adaptable in a changing and challenging environment; able to think 'out of the box' when unexpected/unplanned events arise
* Builds and maintains strong relationships and engagement with aligned HR and business teams. Earns the trust and confidence of others through open communication, delivery on commitments, and respectful behavior. Ability to influence and persuade at all level
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.