Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Distributed Services. Services functions are responsible for the end-to-end service ownership for their domain, including the total cost of ownership, service quality and responsiveness. Team members within the Services functions will engineer and certify platform builds and capabilities, oversee execution of builds, and break/fix where scripting and automation are not possible. They will manage problems, service improvements and continuity of business/resiliency testing and non-routine move, add and change activities for their service domain.
In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
The Technical team lead contributing to the design, build and configuration of the micro-service hosting environment for Citi. Lead will act as a primary point of contact for the end user community, engineering, production management and others. Engage with vendors to troubleshoot and determine root cause of issues in order to define working solutions that enhance service reliability and usability. Provide transparency to users through analytics and reporting, guiding partners to make appropriate strategic decisions around environment capacity, reliability and risk mitigation. With operations team members, define and lead service improvement projects to improve customer experience and drive value for clients.
* Provide guidance and direction in area of infrastructure technology specialization to support platforms and sectors * Apply the discipline of engineering to deliver critical platform support and optimize platform/sector functionality * Fully understand, support, and define platform and areas supported to minimize risks and impact to customers, * Review issues and escalations, as well as resolve production problems, ensuring that status and technical matters are reported to management in a timely manner * Utilize skillset to provide support, trouble-shooting and performance-tuning within technical domain * Support the creation and implementation of system improvements that will improve performance and reliability while maintaining controls
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
* Work effectively with virtual and remote team members exercising critical thinking to resolve issues and presenting technical findings accurately to internal customers and leadership * Act as a liaison between various CTI businesses providing direction and support to resolve issues in a timely manner * Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team * Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
* Technical Knowledge: Applies in-depth/comprehensive knowledge of specialty area (s)/subject domain to assume responsibility for large, complex system(s) / initiatives. * Team Leadership: Experienced in leading and putting together a diverse team to accomplish a difficult task and/or handle a high-stakes business issue/s. Establishes organization support for team (positive relationships with leaders, sponsors and partners) * Customer and Industry Knowledge: Constantly surveying what's around you - CTI, Citi, industry, customers and competitors. Uses this knowledge to guide actions. * Strategic Orientation: Accurately anticipates future trends and implications. Sees the big picture, considers future scenarios. Understands the goals, priorities, and strategies of the organization and how they relate to customers/stakeholders. * Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements. * Commercial and Financial Acumen: Identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and identify trends, and makes decisions considering the bottom line. * Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending re-engineering improvements. * Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed. * Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice. * Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors. * Effective Communication: Leads communications on major change / initiative. Evidence of careful planning of the strategic messages, writing of presentation/report, consideration of challenging messages that need to be conveyed, and execution of that plan to achieve desired outcome. Keeps audience engaged and frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectation.
Skills / Experience Levels
* 6-10 years of experience in your area of infrastructure technology specialization, preferably in a comparable technology or financial institutions organization. * Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in high stress situations * Enjoy learning and love sharing your knowledge with others * Work independently and are self-directed. * Detail oriented and perseverance * A positive attitude with the drive to get the work done * Enjoy collaborating with others, and working as part of a cross discipline team. * A self-starter with good problem solving skills and you continuously look for ways to improve things. * Understand the importance of prioritization of your work. * Providing a great experience to the users of your platform is important to you. * Skills and proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access or other analytical tools * Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred) or equivalent work experience
* Hands on experience with Redhat Open Shift 3.x, Kubernetes or other container management platform (Docker EE/Swarm, Mezos, etc.) * Exposure to DevOps, CI/CD, Docker, and container orchestration as concepts * Excellent communication skills, in both spoken and written English * Self-driven and be able to coach and lead a small team * At least 5+ years basic Linux and/or UNIX system administration, or system engineering experience * in a 24/7 virtualized enterprise environment (Red Hat 7 preferred) * Strong IP networking skills (basic routing and switching, IP address management, load balancers),ideally in a VMware NSX or other software-defined-networking environment * SSL certificate management skills (How do I inspect a certificate a web service is presenting? Is the certificate expired? How do I determine who signed a certificate? What is a PEM file and how do I construct one?) * Basic competency in Ansible & Chef (running playbooks/cookbooks and ad-hoc commands) * Analytics and reporting tools experience * Experience with at least one major cloud provider (Amazon, Google, IBM * Experience in creating Docker files to create custom images * Develop and maintain Docker images / containers for different technology stack * Conversant with container orchestration (Docker Data Center / Docker enterprise edition / Kubernetes). * Experience with Git/Bitbucket and ideally Jira or another issue tracking system * Experience with any programming language, Python and/or Ruby preferred
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.