* Primary Location: United States,New York * Education: Bachelor's Degree * Job Function: Technology * Schedule: Full-time * Shift: Day Job * Employee Status: Regular * Travel Time: No * Job ID: 19002206
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
* The function of the Desk Development team is to provide tactical tools to the Equities business within a controlled environment leveraging the strategic services and framework provided by the wider IT group
* The team sits functionally between the wider IT team, quants and traders and provides benefits for all 3 groups
* Work closely with Equity Derivatives and Delta1 traders on delivering tactical functionality to: * enable new business opportunities * reduce operational risk by automating manual processes, * provide reporting and analysis * manage specific market data * etc. * Understand and leverage products and services provided by wider IT team * Own every stage of delivery from requirements, analysis, design, development and support
* There is a gap between what the strategic development streams can deliver within a short time frame and what the business needs. This gap is often filled with trader built spreadsheets and is important to have an IT presence to provide control and consistency with strategic goals * As the business grows its critical to be able to support their requirements whilst at the same time providing working prototypes for the strategic dev streams to absorb the functionality over time
* Background of delivering software in a front office environment * Demonstrable experience in tactical and responsive delivery based on Agile principals. * Able to lead small local sub team and provide technical management of their work * Experience in Equity Derivatives and/or Delta 1 * Comfortable dealing with traders directly to elicit requirements. * Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Required: In depth working knowledge (at least 5 years) in the following: Web development (HTML5/JS + associated), Java, React JS and Web services. * Advantageous: Experience on other technologies (Kotlin, JuypterLab/Notebook, C#, ExcelDNA, Excel/VBA, KDB)