First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Founded in 2014, Gradifi was created to ease the burden of student loan debt. We spend our days helping our members get out of debt faster, and we also make sure things are looking up for our employees. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you can focus on your professional development while achieving company goals.
We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer who has substantive experience with building robust software architectures. In this position, you will lead a team of engineers and work closely with the business to drive the technical implementation of our product. You should also have substantial experience working on scale system and expertise in managing every aspect of the software development life-cycle. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for learning and will be an active participant in the development community.
What you will be doing as Chief Architect:
* Provide technical mentorship to developers regarding industry best practices as it relates to software engineering.
* Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the Gradifi codebase
* Collaborate with the business to arrive at processes and standards that adhere to industry best practices and drive value.
* Assist with the support of the application.
* Leverage your experience in helping us improve the product.
* Serve as an example to the engineering staff on best practices as it relates to software engineering.
* Stay current with developments in software and technology.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* Experience with React, Node, Flux / mobx.
* Expertise in building scale web applications in a managed language-preferably in .NET / .NET Core. Familiarity with 'Gang of Four' patterns.
* Experience working with relational databases like SQL Server and knowledge of NoSQL technologies: e.g. Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, or MongoDB.
* Knowledge of Publisher / Subscriber architectures: NServiceBus or Rebus.
* Experience with multi-threading / asynchronous programming.
* Experience with mobile web development.
* Familiarity with MSMQ or RabbitMQ.
* Experience with BDD or TDD. Familiarity with Moq, NUnit, Autofac, Mocha, Sinon, etc.
* Experience (and comfort) with Git.
* Operations proficiency. Ability to set up a machine, knowledge of networking, familiarity with load balancers, hypervisors, CDNs, etc.
* Comfortable working in an environment that uses programmable infrastructure-experience with Ruby and / or PowerShell a strong plus.
* Experience with tooling: WinDBG, Perfmon, SysInternals, Fiddler, Chrome Developer Tools, Reflector, JetBrain's suite, SQL Profiler, etc.
* Experience working with the Atlassian tools: Jenkins, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
* Practical knowledge and real-world experience building secure applications-e.g. ISO 27001:2013, SSAE 18 SOC 2, etc.
* Ecommerce experience at scale is a big plus. Knowledge of accounting would also be helpful.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.