First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
You have great ideas; we're listening
As a Solutions Architect, you will report to the head of Wealth Management Technology and support development and implementation of Wealth Management's technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within First Republic to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank.
What you'll do as a Solutions Architect:
* Lead end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of wealth management technology solutions. This includes working as an effective liaison between the front office, business units, operations and other technology groups to ensure that client needs are addressed while maintaining alignment to the Bank's goals and strategy.
* Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices.
* Provide vision and inspiration to deliver engaging, innovative and client-centric wealth management technology solutions.
* Define systems architecture, design techniques and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the future needs of the organization.
* Review other developers' solutions and assure adherence to the highest quality standards.
* Oversee the design, scoping, implementation and testing of in-house development and external partner implementations in short Agile release cycles.
* Perform prioritized planning and execution of the product development and release schedules while defining and refining development processes as the team grows.
* Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* More than 10 years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture and at least five years of experience leading development teams using the Agile development process, with a master's degree in computer science or related degree preferred
* Proven ability to build high-performing teams and motivate, instill accountability and achieve results in a rapidly changing environment
* Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to listen, articulate positions and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
* A strong business orientation with broad experience in wealth management processes and change initiatives
* Strong experience in enterprise application integration, including SOA, BPM, APIs, web services (SOAP/RESTful), microservices and containerization (OpenShift, Kubernetes)
* Experience using JSON, XML, XSD and other data payload formats
* Hands-on experience in Oracle Linux and middleware technologies, such as MuleSoft, Kafka and AWS Lambda
* Hands-on experience working with API gateway solutions, such as Apigee, MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and AWS API Gateway
* Expert-level understanding of REST/SOAP paradigm and sync vs async integration design and architecture
* Experience with AWS Cloud
* Experience in DevOps stack (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant and Ivy
* Strong experience with NoSQL and relational data stores
* Working experience on application architecture and system integration; experience developing architect blueprints
* Experience with delivering enterprise design patterns and end-to-end solutions for mission-critical highly available and scalable applications involving external partners, custom development and matrixed IS organization
* Strong organizational skills, capable of managing multiple complex projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality, and comfortable working with evolving requirements
* The ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations - both direct and diplomatic, quickly finding common ground as a team player who encourages collaboration
* A focus on developing and improving products and services to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
* A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.