Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
* Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
* Establishes IT project plans by determining project purpose, objectives, technical approach, schedules, funding, and staffing
* Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
* Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
* Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients
* Develops project documentation in accordance with project phases (Initiating, Planning, etc.) and Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC)
* Performs control reviews, and major and non-major business case submissions
* Drafts investment business cases for Federal oversight reporting, including justifications and other materials for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), specifically OMB's A-11 IT CPIC concepts, internal Federal policies related to IT, and existing and emerging legislation, e.g. IT Strategic Plan, TBM guidance, Governance Performance and Results Act, Clinger-Cohen Act, IT Management Reform Act, FITARA, and the Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act
* Bachelors BS/BA with 6 years of experience or Masters with 4 years of experience and at least 5 years of experience developing project documentation in accordance with project phases (Initiating, Planning, etc.) and Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) experience, including control reviews, and major and non-major business case submissions
* Extensive experience and knowledge of the Federal budget planning, justifications, and reporting cycle and associated requirements
* Experience drafting investment business cases for Federal oversight reporting, including justifications and other materials for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), specifically OMB's A-11 IT CPIC concepts, internal Federal policies related to IT, and existing and emerging legislation, e.g. IT Strategic Plan, TBM guidance, Governance Performance and Results Act, Clinger-Cohen Act, IT Management Reform Act, FITARA, and the Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act
* Experience with the development and submission of OMB Major and Standard IT business cases and understanding of the federal appropriations cycle, e.g. e300
* Knowledge and experience with budget and performance integration and Microsoft Project Portfolio Management tool for reporting and management oversight
* Experience with the entire CPIC lifecycle to include: concept inception (Pre-Select); project refinement and planning (Select); project launch and execution (Control); and project measurement and improvement efforts (Evaluate)
* In-depth experience developing reporting and project/portfolio management artifacts and methodologies, e.g. Work Breakdown Structures; Business analysis; Cost-Benefit Analysis; Earned Value Management; Risk Management; Performance Measurement analysis
* Experience establishing IT project plans by determining project purpose, objectives, technical approach, schedules, funding, and staffing - experience developing project plans, risk plans, and analysis of alternatives
* Experience gathering and documenting business and technical system requirements, developing alternatives of analysis, and justifications for large Federal Operations and Maintenance (O&M) programs
* Ability to create excellent written materials, documenting various processes in support of enterprise-wide IT projects/initiatives
* Experience creating and/or adhering to Federal policies in support of enterprise-wide IT projects/initiatives
* Experience managing IT project planning and execution by managing changes; reviewing open issues; communicating essential information to project team and stakeholders
* Experience managing multiple Federal investments including the consolidation and segregation of investments as required by OMB guidance
* Experience preparing briefings and other written materials for executives related to O&M and new IT project status - collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
* Must be a US Citizen with Top Secret Clearance at time of hire
* CPA or MBA Degree
* Familiarity with State Department and the Managing State Projects (MSP) project cycle -Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* ITIL certification or Lean Six Sigma
* Experience with Cloud Services in the Federal sector (Google Apps, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Certified Technology Business Management Executive (CTBME) Certification
* Experience with Government financial systems and tools, such as iMatrix, Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS)/Global Financial Management System (GFMS)
* Foundational understanding of emerging financial reporting structures in the Federal government, e.g. Technology Business Management (TBM) experience or certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.