* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19028594
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
The Capacity/Performance Analyst will be part of the Capacity Planning & Performance team focused on understanding the global Citi infrastructure estate, how it is used, how it performs, where it can be optimized, and where it needs to be transformed.
The role is responsible for capacity management support of the distributed environment and the underlying services. Critical technologies include containers as a service, platform as a service, and database as a service, among others; with primary focus on Openshift/Kubernetes containers and Pivotal Cloud Foundry platforms, OraaS, SQL, and Mongo databases, and integration and interpretation of performance metrics from sources such as AppDynamics and Splunk. The role will interface with architecture, operations, and product teams as well as clients and executive leadership and requires an individual that is able to use data driven analysis to influence outcomes and to work independently.
As a Capacity/Performance Analyst, you will work with our partners and clients to understand the details of the environment and services. You will identify gaps and define key metrics required for analytics and trending, develop criteria to measure opportunity and risk, and establish processes to provide ongoing oversight. You will interface with Operations, Product Management, and Engineering/Architecture teams to recommend changes to standards and how we govern the environment. You will also provide analysis and expertise to facilitate remediation of performance issues in the distributed environment and the related platforms and services.
The analyst will also be responsible for working with and developing solutions for internal clients in the area of Asset Management Optimization including collecting, summarizing and presenting distributed server data, interpreting system and application performance metrics, and assisting clients with Asset Management optimization efforts that reduce business and financial risks.
* Bachelor's degree or work equivalent experience
* 5 years of experience in a senior Information Technology analyst, planning, or performance role
* Expertise in capacity planning, systems performance analysis, and optimization in a distributed environment
* Experience in architecture, sizing, tuning, and optimization for software containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift
* Capacity management experience with platform services such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
* Capacity planning capabilities with databases services such as Oracle, SQL, and MongoDB
* Experience in hybrid cloud services and management such as AWS and Softlayer
* Experience with integration and interpretation of performance metrics from Truesight Capacity optimization, Densify, AppDynamics, and Splunk.
* Overall IT experience in a Client-Server environment with practical knowledge of mainframe, midrange, distributed, hybrid, and desktop technologies
* Broad knowledge of advanced environment measurement & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced trending tools
* The ability to interpret report data and translate it into a business impact or strategic actions that need to occur
* Strong technical problem-solving skills
* Advanced written and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
* Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to large groups as well as senior leadership
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.