Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has been committed to serving local and global communities by being a market leader in Investment Banking, Securities, Investment Management and Wealth Management services. Our belief that capital can work to benefit all of society inspires us to put our clients first, lead with exceptional ideas, hold our business to high ethical standards, and give back to communities around the world through philanthropy and public works. We have a smart casual dress code and operate under a philosophy that balances work with your personal life. Our people's talent, passion, and expertise is the fuel on which our organization runs, therefore, our people are our greatest asset. Diversity and inclusiveness is a critical component for our success and it is our priority to continue building a firm that values the unique background and identity of every one of our employees, thus enabling our people to bring their full, and best selves to work each day. Teamwork is the essence of our approach, and so are the values of integrity, excellence, and enabling our people to achieve at the highest levels. We invite you to learn more about our commitment to diversity and serving our community.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office.
Position: Senior .NET Lead Developer with UI/UX Skillset
We are looking for a .Net developer with UI/UX experience to build software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework. You will create applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. In this role, you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software. This position offers a very unique opportunity to work in a highly visible area and gain an in-depth understanding of the MS wealth management business by interfacing with numerous business and technical areas across the organization. The candidate must also have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work very closely with team members in Mumbai and New York.
* 5-7 years of experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer
* Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
* Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
* Knowledge of OOP concepts and application
* Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (SOAP, REST, RPC)
* Understanding of Agile methodologies
* Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
* Attention to detail
* BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
* Able to prioritize, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multi-task environment.
* Participate in requirements analysis
* Experience in Wealth Management or a similar Financial environment
* Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
* Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
* Test and deploy applications and systems to various teams
* Revise, update, refactor and debug code
* Improve existing software
* Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
* Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
Good To Have Skills:
* Knowledge of Salesforce suite of products (around integration with salesforce).
* Knowledge on Security patterns and practices
* Experience in the Financial Industry.
* Familiarity with Agile Methodology, Test-Driven Development and software design patterns.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American financial services company that offers securities, asset management, and credit services.