About Morgan Stanley
Since our founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley has been committed to serving local and global communities by being a market leader in Investment Banking, Securities, Investment Management, and Wealth Management services. Our belief that capital can work to benefit all of society inspires us to put our clients first, lead with exceptional ideas, hold our business to high ethical standards, and give back to communities around the world through philanthropy and public works. We have a smart casual dress code and operate under a philosophy that balances work with your personal life. Our people's talent, passion, and expertise is the fuel on which our organization runs, therefore, our people are our greatest asset. Diversity and inclusiveness is a critical component for our success and it is our priority to continue building a firm that values the unique background and identity of every one of our employees, thus enabling our people to bring their full, and best selves to work each day. Teamwork is the essence of our approach, and so are the values of integrity, excellence, and enabling our people to achieve at the highest levels. We invite you to learn more about our commitment to diversity and serving our community.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office.
The Technology Delivery Management Team is responsible for supporting the Field Management Technology Application Delivery Team, enabling the delivery of Technology Solutions to Wealth Management Financial Advisors and Clients. The Team partners with the Wealth Management Business and Operations Teams, the Wealth Management Technology Division, and the Morgan Stanley Global Infrastructure and Risk Teams of Morgan Stanley. This position is focused on Application Delivery Team support, planning, monitoring and reporting on progress, and taking corrective action to clear roadblocks as necessary. The ability to speak to users and partners and understand their problems is critical. A degree of Functional and Technical understanding is also required.
Scrum Master Responsibilities:
The Technology Delivery Manager Scrum Master promotes and supports the agile process within and outside the squad. This includes working with organizational resources outside the squad to help them interact effectively with the squad, remove impediments and protect them from organizational bureaucracy. The Scrum Master will:
* Quickly come up to speed on new applications
* Function as Kanban coordinator or Scrum master, coaching the Agile squad as needed
* Facilitate all ceremonies - grooming user stories, daily scrums, retrospectives, demos
* Manage User stories to the appropriate level of detail, including documenting Users Stories when needed
* Facilitate assignment of story points
* Follow-up as needed to manage blockers, obstacles and dependencies.
* Bring stakeholders and external resources together and coordinate bear hugs as needed
* Report on throughput periodically and integrate into the backlog/grooming
* Plan sprint schedule
* Manage production releases including requisite ticketing and runbook preparation
* Coordinate QA and UAT testers
* Good understanding of software development lifecycle, waterfall and agile development principles
* Minimum 5 years of experience working in a financial institution, technology firm or project management department of a mid to large size corporation
* Background and knowledge of financial services/banking and/or digital products
* Extraordinary judgment and composure in high-pressure situations
* Excellent communication skills.Meticulous attention to detail
* Proficient in Microsoft tools: Excel, Visio, MS Projects, Powerpoint
* Experience with JIRA on agile projects
* CSM certification or Agile experience (min 2 years)
* Influence and leadership skills- ability to drive results and take command in a meeting or mediate in contentious situations; ability to foster an environment that is promotes teamwork
* Analytical and detail oriented- makes an effort to and is capable of understanding the subject matter and situations pertaining to each project, process, issue, etc
* Enthusiasm and curiosity- shows enthusiasm and drive to learn and ask questions both indirectly and directly related to the project
* Strategic thinker- Ability to see things big picture and not just focus on the day-to-day tasks
* Innovative- Has shown ways that he/she has gone beyond status quo to find innovative solutions to solve problems or to improve processes
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.