Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to-moment movements of the capital markets; analyzing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. The Firm's equity Sales & Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content, and create product solutions to help our clients generate alpha. The Equity Financing Products department acts as a strategic partner to more than 800 top hedge fund managers: executing and clearing trades across asset classes, time zones, and currencies; providing financing and expertise to help manage risk and benefit from technology; and consults to help launch new funds and connect with them potential investors.
The Delta One structured products desk within the Equity division provides synthetic Equity exposure to clients via Equity Swaps and other derivatives; along with identifying and executing financing arbitrage opportunities.
The desk strategist role sits on the equity swap trading desk, working closely with traders, marketers and the team to evolve new structures, the desk strategist provides tools for analysis, highly customized client solutions and new business opportunities.
The candidate would work with senior team members on existing systems and tools, as well as development of new tools.
* 3 years experience working within Financial Industry application development environment
* Strong C# and/or Java skills, good experience of writing production quality code
* Experience and/or knowledge of KDB/Q or other functional programming language
* Working knowledge of scripting language; Python and/or Perl preferred
* Proficiency working with Unix/Linux environment and shell scripting
* Experience of SQL and database programming
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
* Excellent problem solving, interpersonal presentation and analytical skills
* Ability to effectively manage time, priorities, and multitasking
* Knowledge of financial markets and systems are highly desired though not required
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American financial services company that offers securities, asset management, and credit services.