As Alexion has grown in size, so has the complexity of our commercial systems, requiring enhanced resources to plan, implement and support the system infrastructure in each region / country. He/she will lead commercial system initiatives in coordination with US Commercial, Global Systems, and IT to ensure that our systems are enhanced to support foundational business processes and improve the value for the end users.
* Engages with US stakeholders to ensure Business Processes are harmonized in the CRM System and meets Commercial, Regulatory, and Legal Requirements
* Partner with IT and Business Stakeholders in the design, build, and UAT of CRM projects/enhancements to improve systems and add value in a scalable manner
* Collaborates with Commercial Operations Teams and all other departments to implement critical home office (analytical, marketing, compliance, etc.) requirements into the systems
* Supervise resolution of critical Veeva system issues in coordination with IT
* Champion system adoption via facilitating communication/training
* Work with the Commercial Analytics and Operations team to input all deployment changes within Align
* Establish Processes to ensure Data Consistency and Tracking across the Departments
* Coordinate with the stakeholders on the processes related with Marketing Material Digitalization and Optimization
* Represents the Department in Cross-Functional Projects to ensure that Commercial Operations interests and Requirements are optimized
* Establishes and manages vendor relationships and investigate new systems enhancements to continuously improve and optimize the use of the Veeva platform across all Commercial Departments and Support Functions
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the above mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
* +5 years' experience in Business System implementations and BI tools
* +3 years' experience in Salesforce CRM, Veeva CRM and Align preferred
* Needs to be Highly Motivated/Effective/Proactive/Resourceful and able to Learn and Excel in a Fast Paced Environment
* Ability to rapidly understand business processes and requirements; process excellence/improvement experience
* Ability to translate business requirements into scalable system requirements
* Ability to provide leadership and direction with US Leadership/Project Sponsors.
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Experience Managing Project Teams
* Experience Managing Project Delivery and Risk
* Business, Management, or IT Consulting Experience
* Vendor Management Experience
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, or business
* MBA preferred
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
About Alexion Pharmaceuticals
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare diseases.