Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is currently seeking an HR Portfolio Manager based in Boston, MA. This individual will drive the execution of world class, differentiating Employee Experience and Digital programs and processes. These programs and processes will build the enabling capabilities for Alexion's to deliver on its vision of becoming the most rewarding place to work. This role is a significant contributor in driving delivery and execution of Alexion's business strategy aligned to customer-centricity, innovation, value creation and changing the lives of our patients.
In this role, this individual will lead multiple transformation initiatives and strategic projects simultaneously, while providing support and oversight of the global HR Portfolio in alignment with the HR vision.
This individual will partner with HR colleagues, HR practice leads, IT, Finance and Communications leads to maintain a governance dashboard for in-taking, assessing, prioritizing and tracking approvals of projects, technology enhancements and benefits realization, leveraging various forms of employee experience feedback.
This individual will report directly to the Head of Global HR Technology & PMO. The position is located in Boston, MA. Travel between New Haven, CT and global office sites will be required.
Program Management and Governance:
* Lead the HR Governance program and committee to manage approval and oversight of the HR strategy, policies, practices, technology, risk management and calendar.
* Provide oversight and execution on the HR project portfolio to create alignment, visibility, stakeholder awareness/engagement and ensure successful execution.
* Lead HR portfolio program management meetings and updates to HR leadership.
* Continue to evolve the PMO best practices and developing project management capabilities across HR.
* Facilitate HR Governance committee meetings, maintain governance dashboard for tracking review, approval and prioritization of HR projects, change requests to policies, processes and strategy
* Develop and manage resource planning process and resource allocation to ensure effective delivery.
* Collaborate with finance and other HR leaders to manage project financials.
* Manage overall program cross dependencies in projects or programs and lead the successful delivery of projects to their final objectives.
* Support the development of the HR strategic roadmap and associated business cases.
* Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and guidance to the project teams, where appropriate.
* Establish mechanisms for prioritizing and identifying opportunities for continual process improvement and innovation across the HR portfolio and Digital landscape to deliver the best employee experience for the moments that matter.
* Assume responsibility for the full scope of multiple projects, including resource scheduling, project tracking, risk analysis and cost management.
* Provide leadership to project workstream leads and team members by driving and executing process design, testing and change management efforts.
* Develop project and change plans, manage project tasks including plan updates, communications, risk management/mitigation, and ensuring on time delivery of milestones.
* Develop executive level briefing material associated analytics to guide and steer decision making. Proactively communicate status, budget, and time line updates internal and external customers
* Facilitate consensus on the business need, quantifiable business benefit, anticipated cost and timeline, stakeholder commitment, and success criteria by documenting business cases and benefits realization
* Work closely with the HR teams, cross-functional business and technology teams to analyze and capture end-to-end business processes, make recommendations for process improvements, design solutions and implement process changes to deliver world class employee experiences.
* Develop and maintain a working knowledge of HR systems, processes, features, and capabilities by performing business analysis and data analysis as need.
* Partner with IT, HR and the business to document system requirements, develop test plans and execute the testing while tracking issues to resolution.
* Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to the HR team. Leverage knowledge and expertise to challenge current methods and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve business processes.
* Ability build strong networks within the organization and influence change
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence key decision makers, change and build relationships with internal HR stakeholders and external vendors
* Project leadership and ability to align team members to execute effectively. Ability to lead teams in a virtual environment
* Organizational and technical integrator, capable of influencing others while remaining up to date on industry trends and organizational challenges
* Consultative approach and mindset
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to executive leaders
* Skills in managing a broad range of initiatives successfully in without positional authority
* Analytical & Results Oriented
* 5+ Years of HR Portfolio Management/Governance experience
* 7+ years of experience leading, and or executing on HR Transformation projects
* Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools supporting the organizations defined Project Management methodology.
* Experience managing multiple large, complex and cross functional projects, with emphasis on program delivery, business process implementation, product and program development, systems, and technical environments.
* Design thinking skills/experience
* Bachelor's Degree Required
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
About Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare diseases.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.