Alexion is currently seeking a People Transformation Program Manager to lead large scale, end-to-end, efforts to redefine our people processes and technology with the goal of delivering digital experiences designed to drive adoption, enhance employee experience and achieve significant efficiency gains.
This individual will provide oversight and management of individual project workstream leads and partner with HR colleagues, HR functional leads, IT, Finance, Legal and Communications leads to accomplish key transformation objectives impacting various parts of our business.
This individual will report directly to the Head of HR Technology & PMO. The position is located in Boston, MA. Travel between New Haven, CT and global office sites will be required.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, HR systems knowledge and proven ability to lead.
Do you have a passion for implementing creative solutions, have a strong thought leadership and process mindset, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? If yes, let's talk.
Program Management and Governance:
* Lead and deliver largescale, cross-functional initiatives to grow and evolve capabilities by understanding current practices, discovering opportunities, incorporating end users in the solution creation process, delivering results, and validating business value realization.
* Lead project management resources in the creation and build of initiative/workstream plans and ensure execution of defined outcomes.
* Lead the identification and development of business requirements, functional design, user experience design (journey and persona mapping), process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
* Define scope and objectives, managing resourcing and budgeting, assigning individual responsibilities, managing accountability, managing project plans and roadmaps, identifying and managing dependencies and risks, tracking initiative health and performance and managing governance, and ensuring information is disseminated appropriately.
* Work collaboratively with other project management resources and workstreams across the business to ensure alignment, proper prioritization, and manage collisions while tracking key delivery dates across multiple workstreams. Manage prioritization and collision across various initiatives by influencing key internal partners.
* Work with subject matter experts and business leaders to design enhanced processes, user experiences, organizational structures and systems to enhance our operating delivery model with the focus of "being" digital.
* Create clear, effective, and detailed deliverable content, including written, visual, and oral deliverables, which are informed by research, analytics, and stakeholder meetings
* Present content and facilitate solutioning sessions to drive toward a decision and validate that decision with leadership to drive progress.
* Drive usage of common tools, templates, and processes to build consistency across projects.
* Provide regular project status updates on the progress of key transformational work to both the teams and to executives, crafting the message as necessary for the specific audience needs and desires.
* Continuously review resource allocation, burn rate for consultant spend, and tech specs to ensure "ontime, on-budget, on-strategy" delivery.
* Maintain project documentation program-wide including tracking key decisions, change requests, etc.
Competencies & Qualifications
* This role will require strong leadership to advise, lead, sequence and deliver large, cross-functional initiatives, and has the added responsibility of interfacing directly with senior level team members across the business to ensure alignment on the transformation strategy.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A minimum of 7 years' of program/project management experience with proven ability to successfully lead largescale, enterprise-wide projects with information technology and business process implications.
* A minimum of 5 years' of handson human capital experience leading various workstreams to complete functional assessments, develop future state strategic operating mode, implement new core HR technology while ensuring adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
* Passion for leading transformational work in a highly fluid and complex environment with demonstrated ability to formulate and adapt strategy and approach based on changing business conditions.
* Expert level proficiency in value stream mapping, process capability analysis, data collection and analysis, financial impact, rootcause identification, etc.
* A track record leading a matrixed team to achieve initiative goals and objectives while operationalizing resources based on the needs of the various workstreams.
* Previous experience with People analytics and data quality efforts. Ability to analyze large sets of data and communicate findings to others.
* Expert level ability to build strong networks, negotiate, collaborate, and demonstrate influence in resolving conflicts and/or neutralizing organization resistance to change.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence key decision makers, change and build relationships with internal HR stakeholders and external vendors
* Bachelor's Degree Required
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
About Alexion Pharmaceuticals
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare diseases.