Cisco Meraki is looking for a new Business Systems Developer to join our Team in Chicago. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. With that said, we're taking orders 24/7 and shipping them all over the world. The tiniest hitch in that process can cost us an incalculable amount in dollars and man-hours. That's where you come in.
You'll be joining the existing development team to improve, develop, and maintain the processes that form Meraki's backbone. We expect your tool kit to be diverse: customizing Middleware or creating your own solutions in Rails as appropriate, with a ton of Java as the keystone integrating our various systems.
What You Will Do:
* Integrating our ERP system with warehouses' systems using Java
* Create an automated routing guide that allows the system to determine shipping features based on customer-selected criteria using Java
* Optimizing operational processes using WebMethods BPMS, Java, and scripting languages
* Using Rails to customize order entry interface, improving order flow and reducing order processing time
* Allowing users to gain more insight into business performance by enhancing the data warehouse
* Automate, streamline, and improve existing processes to allow Operations to do more with less
Requirements and Qualifications:
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline
* 5+ years post-collegiate programming experience with Java. Ruby experience a plus. Considerable PERL experience considered in lieu of some Java experience
* Professional experience with large scale ERP systems a huge plus - we use Great Plains
* Solid experience with integration software - we use webMethods
* Facility with application APIs - Salesforce, SOAP, REST, etc.
* Prior experience with architecting business solutions using knowledge of Middleware, databases, and scripting languages
* Proficiency in SQL and XML sufficient to maintain a pre-existing database
Great to Have:
* Sysadmin and performance tuning skills
* Passion for improving existing home-brewed tools and programs to make life easier for everyone
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.