Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services - gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
AWS' growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide sales team and the need for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to drive automation, development and maintaining BT and Analytical functionality for the Salesforce team. This role is responsible for data ingestion routines, using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes leveraging AWS technologies. This role will partner with product managers to manage and source data, create dashboards, data visualizations, define and implement Business Intelligence (BI) strategies across our Salesforce Platform. Candidates must possess the ability to navigate complex data, create the needed integrations and transform user requirements into well designed and insightful data visualizations.
Business Intelligence Engineer must seek to understand our internal customer's needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are developing valued data solutions. This role will oversee the full data life-cycle by working closely with our BI team to ingest the needed data, transform and enrich and then create dashboards for our end users. Strong attention to detail and obsession around data quality will be needed to maintain the trust and confidence in delivered solutions. Must be comfortable working with large and complex data sets, possess strong problem solving skills, analytical capabilities, and translate the data into comprehensible solutions.
* Possesses a deep knowledge of data ingestion best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex solutions
* Manage the end to end data solutions from analyzing, ingesting, transforming and delivering to end users
* Design, build, and improve data models and flows based on business requirements that optimize for performance and quality
* Create dashboards and reporting that increase productivity and efficiency of our Salesforce customers by bringing the information, insights and needed actions to the forefront of the Salesforce experience
* Evaluation and integration of analytics tools and platforms to enhance and/or augment.
* Proactively work with AWS teams and analyze data to identify opportunities for Salesforce to increase productivity, provide automation, and/or reduce risk
* Manage and monitor permission models and security assignments
* Ability to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects that successfully deliver promised results
* Development of business and data requirements interfacing with customers at all levels to gather requirements and feedback with a well-rounded technical background
* Balancing the business needs versus technical & operational constraints
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.