Since its launch in 2000 as a modestly sized online boutique specializing in hard-to-find denim lines, Shopbop has grown to become one of the leading fashion retailers in the world. Curated with a chic, modern woman in mind, Shopbop offers a comprehensive collection of designer apparel and accessories to suit every style and occasion.
Called "the editors of what's cool" by Daily Candy, and recognized by The Wall Street Journal as having "the best customer service," we are committed to staying ahead of the curve and providing a personalized shopping experience continue to be driving forces behind the company's success. A champion of new design talent and a pioneer in the magazine-meets-boutique approach to online shopping, Shopbop showcases its fashion-forward point of view in editorial lookbook features and receives frequent mention in Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, and Elle. Shopbop's Exclusives section features limited-edition pieces from top designers available only at Shopbop. We are not resting on our laurels. We have the pleasure of delighting some of the world's most passionate clothing and apparel shoppers worldwide.
We are recruiting a Software Development Manager (SDM) to lead one of our website development teams in New York, NY. As the leader on this team, you lead all aspects of the SDLC and will be responsible for developing critical shopping pages on Shopbop and East Dane. You own those experiences both on Website and Mobile devices.
Our managers wear multiple hats. To be successful at Shopbop, you will have the following traits:
* · Your committed focus on delivering value to our customers - You do this both through inventing when necessary and simplifying when possible.
* · You think big. You are a technology leader with a vision for your team, and you are adept at looking around corners and anticipating challenges 1-2 years down the road.
* · You are an owner, but not a dictator -- you recognize that great ideas come from all directions, and you aren't afraid to encourage your team to be bold and try new things
* · You also dive deep and stay connected to the details of the software and systems your team is developing.
* · You are a connoisseur of talent - you passionately search for top-notch talent to join your team, and you take the top-notch engineers under you and help them to develop and grow.
* · Love leading engineering teams, thinking big and strategic, but also staying closely connected to technology and technical choices? If so, we would love to talk to you.
* · Manage engineers and possible other managers to plan, design, and deliver complex, scalable systems that span multiple business functions with significant bottom-line impact.
* · Collaborate on business objectives in order to deliver best product/feature with most efficient use of resources and technologies.
* · Conceive, proposes and sell new ideas, strategies, and processes; drive their implementation directly, or through other managers.
* · Apply advanced technical and business knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles. Make decisions that affect the way we build and integrate systems.
* · Define, measure, and improve service level metrics on software and services.
* · Play significant role in career development of others, mentor and train engineers on complex technical issues, build strong team with complementary skills.
* · Participate in operational planning and budgeting cycles, owning and presenting plans for executive review.
* · Participate in recruiting efforts and hiring for your team.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.