As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Partners Healthcare is an integrated care system consisting of top-ranked, Harvard-affiliated core hospitals - Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, along with specialty hospitals like McLean Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. It is also the nation's largest academic research enterprise with more than $1.6 billion in annual research expenditures.
The individual in this position will be a member of the Enterprise Data & Digital Health (EDDH) team leveraging the reporting and analytic systems used at multiple Partners institutions (including hospitals and affiliates) to conduct value-based metric tracking, baseline and performance tracking, etc. for the program. This individual will work under the guidance of the Program Manager for Strategy and Operations, working closely with other EDDH colleagues and PHS Finance. Activities include: building data models and standard reports, creating data dictionaries and analytic templates to assist users in creating their own analysis, meeting with EDDH colleagues to define requirements, and conduct trainings as needed. As new projects arise, this person may assume other responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Develop an intimate knowledge of the varied data sources and assist in fixing data quality issues and developing enhancements.
* Work closely with PHS Finance and EDDH colleagues to gather and document reporting and analytic requirements.
* Works with project team and management to identify and document benefits, costs and risks associated with solution alternatives while balancing stakeholder expectations regarding project timeline, cost, and scope.
* Analyze, translate and develop those requirements into a design of the data model needed to support both reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
* Create, modify, and maintain data models needed to support reporting and analysis.
* Manages projects as it relates to the design, development or improvement of reporting products and services
* Work closely to understand existing data models, and communicate changes needed to new data marts/cubes to meet EDDH analytic requirements.
* Maintain business glossary, publishing information out to EDDH users, and providing data discovery training sessions.
* Provide quality assurance support for new data integration project implementations as well as system upgrades and implementations.
* Assesses and evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, presents a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Bachelors Degree in Business, Digital Health, Technology/IT, Healthcare, or related required. Masters degree a plus.
* Minimum of 3 years related experience, including experience with data analysis, project management and reporting, preferably in healthcare setting.
* Experience with and understanding of:
o Data and standard coding systems
o Service oriented architecture
o Data analysis and data warehousing
o Applying project workflows to the design of information systems.
* Must have experience in developing and integrating business processes.
* Demonstrable working knowledge of the following:
o Relational databases, SQL analytical tools and SQL programming for the purposes of data and database analysis.
* Self-motivated, independent and possess ability to learn quickly and work with little to no direction.
* Ability to provide technical and thought leadership as well as mentoring and training to other teammates. A strong desire to help and provide support to EDDH colleagues.
* Strong organizational skills including an ability to establish priorities, exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
* Possess superior communication, problem solving and analytic abilities. Successfully navigates complex, matrix environment to get results through negotiation and diplomacy. Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization. Ability to build consensus across teams.
* Can effectively translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences and effectively translate complex business practices to workflows and system configurations. Possess ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal including departmental and various entities user meetings. Can lead and facilitate working sessions with all levels of staff.
* Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
* Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
* Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them.
* Ability to adapt to frequent changes in priorities and demonstrate the ability to manage many moving pieces and projects simultaneously.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.