As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
Partners Healthcare Systems' (PHS) Enterprise Research Infrastructure and Services (ERIS http://rc.partners.org) is immediately seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to drive several program and project pipelines through an agile framework that will support the Enterprise Data & Digital Health (EDDH) initiative over the next 3 years. This person will lead several multi-disciplinary project teams that will architect, design, and develop the overall big data production and development infrastructure platform including storage, compute, networking, virtual and configuration (OpenStack, TeraForm, Puppet & Cloud technologies).
The Sr. Program Manager will help build the team required to successfully deliver our new ecosystem that will support the data needs for our four principle missions of 1) patient care, 2) Research & Discovery, 3) Teaching and 4) Community. The role requires technical, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities. Specifically, the role has overall responsibility for the roadmap of each of the programs and projects included in this EDDH platform development effort (Hadoop data platform & associated tech for ingest, cataloguing and indexing, Landmark 4 Datalake consisting of biomedical device data/waveform data and Self Service Analytics tools infrastructure for use by Data Scientists and analysist inside and outside the organization). This role requires the ability to think strategically as to align program and project deliverables with the business needs while driving program and project deliverables through agile methodologies.
We are seeking someone with eagerness to learn and apply technology, leadership, and breadth in an agile, fast paced, software development environment. Ideal candidates must be able to demonstrate an interest in the fields of health sciences, healthcare interoperability, enterprise infrastructure, medical devices and in working customers who are world-renowned leaders in their scientific field and the academic environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage the epics, sprints, resources and project pipeline that will drive the team of software engineers, infrastructure engineers and consultants in the development and implementation of the research repository for time series data collected from bedside medical devices at Partners sites.
* Work closely with Partners hospital and research community to gather functional and business requirements.
* Lead and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders from all levels (scrum sessions, project team meetings, project status meetings, and stakeholder meetings as required).
* Manage the entire Project Management Life Cycle for assigned projects and programs.
* Develop and present strategic project plans and status reports to all parties involved to key stakeholders including Executive level leadership.
* Contribute and share best practices on project management, program management, and SDLC principles and standards.
* Champion agile development methodology and frameworks (establishing agile project management processes to ensure efficiency in the work).
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Plan, develop and deliver other assigned healthcare informatics projects that may vary in scale and type.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other technical advanced degree or equivalent experience
* 10 years' experience working as a Project Manager delivering software development/infrastructure projects.
* 3-5 years' experience setting up Project Management Best Practices & Guidelines.
* 3-5 years managing Agile/SCRUM projects and SCRUM teams.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a healthcare or life science setting.
* Familiarity with healthcare interoperability standards (HL7, FHIR, Smart) and healthcare security rules (HIPAA).
* PMP certification required, PgMP strongly preferred.
* Experience with Jira and Confluence required.
* Advanced Microsoft Project, Project Server and Project Web Access skills.
* Data Warehouse and/or data ETL experience is strongly preferred.
* Responsible for the successful delivery of large, multi-year programs which may include third party cooperative initiatives and joint ventures or internal cross-functional groups.
* Plans and implements program schedule from inception through on-time delivery within budget constraints
* Proactively works with the team to identify and mitigate risks and resolve impediments to the programs' progress
* Continuously seeks opportunities to improve costs, performance, and schedule
* Facilitates communication and coordinates dialog across cross-functional groups and, as applicable, third parties.
* Manages stakeholder engagement and satisfaction throughout the duration of the program or project
* Initiates meetings with key stakeholders to discuss project, resolve open issues, provide progress updates, and facilitate program retrospectives as appropriate
* Develops and communicates program and project plans, presentations, and documentation that clearly articulate complex concepts, requirements, and risks.
* Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology and development processes and demonstrated experience leading Agile/Scrum projects.
* Experience managing projects and programs in a cross-functional team setting.
* Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
* Strong analytical skills and ability to make technical decisions, recommendations, and conclusions based upon data.
* Strong Technical background and familiar with big data Hadoop ecosystem.
* Experience working with project tracking collaboration software (JIRA, Confluence)
* Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams, including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel.
* Experience designing, developing, and implementing scripts to perform various ETL, cleaning and scrubbing tasks is required.
* Regular Office environment
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.