* Primary Location: United States,New Jersey,Jersey City
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 19034008
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group(ICG) is comprised of diverse, talented professionals globally located in more than 100 countries and territories, collectively representing an unparalleled international network of financial skills and capabilities serving targeted clients. Our clients are top corporations, financial institutions and governments in countries around the world and our mission is to help them achieve their goals. We do so by providing strategic, financing and operational insights and executing tailored product/service solutions, both across our borders and domestically. The ICG responds to clients' changing needs through its long-established relationship coverage approach that provides client solutions utilizing all of Citi's relevant capabilities, including the broadest possible access to financial markets globally. No other institution can match our combination of global insights, client relationship management services, geographic reach and local and cross-border product expertise.
The ICG technology is organized into Markets and Securities Services(MSST), Treasury and Trade Solutions(TTS) , Citi Private Bank(CPB) and Information Services Group(ISG).
Trade Transaction Services (TTS) Trade Technology organization supports the Global Trade Services, Trade Finance and Supply Chain management segment of the TTS Treasury and Trade business.
CITI- with the largest trade services network in the world offers a broad range of solutions that meet our global trade customer's needs. From risk mitigation to financing, settlement to information, CITI's trade experts and four, regional processing centers offer around -the-clock operations support and deliver world-class solutions to suppliers, buyers and Financial Institutions. International trade is the cross-border movement of goods and services that develop from a business transaction between a buyer in one country and a seller in another country.
Data Architecture Lead Analyst
Provide technical leadership to ensure the effective use of information management, including data architecture, data modeling, data integration, data distribution, data governance, and big data adoption within the Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) technology unit, reporting to the Chief Architect of TTS.
The TTS Architecture Team focuses on making sure that development projects are correctly aligned with Citi's business objectives, standards, and processes. This entails taking responsibility for logical and technical design of critical systems, including data distribution, data sourcing, data standardization, and big data adoption globally. This role is heavily focused on defining and implementing standardized access to reference, transactional, and other types of shared data, with an emphasis on machine learning and AI scenarios on big data infrastructure. Techniques include usage of data design patterns, developing and documenting best practices, providing technical leadership, and potentially building prototypes or conducting proof-of-concepts, and knowledge transfer.
Job Summary: The TTS Big Data platform is a multi-year critical program within Data Technology, part of Treasury & Trade Services. The Big Data Solution Architect will be leading major initiatives under this program to transform and digitize the business.
* Executes the architectural vision for all Big Data and Analytical platform solutions, through major, complex IT architecture projects; ensures that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
* Provides sound understanding of Big Data apps development concepts and principles and knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.
* Develops technology road maps, while keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies, and recommends business directions based on these technologies.
* Provides technical leadership and is responsible for developing components of, or the overall systems design. Translates complex business problems into sound technical solutions.
* Applies hardware engineering and software design theories and principles in researching, designing, and developing product hardware and software interfaces.
* Acts as an advisor or mentor to junior team members.
* Requires sophisticated analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations. Impacts the architecture function by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services.
The successful candidate must be well versed in information architecture and data management, messaging, transformation, XML, micro services, and big data, including machine learning and AI.
The candidate can expect to gain the experience of a mature architecture process in one of the largest financial institutions in the world, and have the opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing architecture practice. Participate in department / enterprise wide initiatives and expand and broaden understanding of a multitude of technologies. Will also benefit from interaction with multiple development teams and business groups, and develop relationships with vendors. Career progression potential into higher technology management for the right individual.
Significant previous experience in leadership role with defining large scale information architectures is expected. Ideally looking for someone who was involved in shaping information architecture strategy, data sourcing and distribution projects, data management, and big data adoption
* Experience in leading data and information architecture activities and working with micro services, data sourcing APIs, big data, machine learning, and AI
* Hands on experience with data modeling using financial industry best practices, database configuration, and reference data management.
* Ability to facilitate and drive data governance activities, developing data and message standards, helping application teams understand the benefit of data standards and leading the adoption of data standards with knowledge transfer to the application teams across traditional and emerging data technologies
* Familiar with financial industry formats such as Swift messages and ISO messages.
* Experience of data warehouse modeling, operational reports and data stores, BI reports, data replication, ETL technologies, data archival, purging and retrieval implementations.
* Experience in using Oracle/Oracle RAC database implementations
* Experience in using Cloudera / Hadoop ecosystem (Yarn, Hive, Spark, Impala, etc.)
* Command of software development life cycle methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
* Experience of Architecture tools selection and usage.
* Experience of industry Architecture Methodology.
* Experience in setting, using and enforcing Standard, Industry Patterns and Best Practice.
* Experience in analyzing, modeling, depicting and describing Architectures for various audiences.
* Understanding of one or more of the following businesses: Treasury, Trade, Securities, and Funds.
* 10+ years of work experience in information and data architecture, data sourcing and distribution analysis and design, message and transformation design, and data modeling.
* 3+ years of demonstrable technical lead/project management experience.
* Strong understanding of information and data and reporting architectural concepts and design.
* A bachelor's degree in a related discipline, master's preferred.
* 5 years of Hadoop, Hive, Impala ecosystem experience.
* 2+ years of Spark/Scala experience.
* Experience with real time and batch data ingestion frameworks.
* 2+ Years of Data management or data modeling experience within Big Data, (Hbase/Hive/Impala).
* 5 years of Core Java or Python Programming experience.
* Hands on Experience with open source software platforms on Linux.
* 2+ years of Oracle and/or MYSQL database application development experience
* Agile development processes experiences a plus.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, influence, negotiation, and written and verbal communication skills required.
* Knowledge of TTS (Cash Management) products would be preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (including listening).
* Excellent interpersonal skills, especially since the architecture team has no direct line of command over development staff.
* A team player.
* Thorough, process-oriented with attention to detail.
* An enthusiastic 'can do' approach, a positive and pro-active attitude, and a history of delivering against agreed objectives.
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.