This is a hands-on C/C++ development role to create and maintain market data products and services.
* Contribute to the design, development and implementation of market data feed applications to support market data business requirements
* Code to the BGC trading system API to subscribe and publish market data.
* Maintain Sybase IQ data store which includes understanding SQL-92 as well as the Sybase procedural language
* Write test code and documentation for all software projects
* Attend project meetings and offer expertise during the design and build phases
* Minimum BA/BS in Engineering or Computer Science
* Complete SDLC exposure * Expert Object Oriented Design and implementation * 2-5+ years C/C++ experience - Experience dealing with real-time multi-threaded systems will large data volumes * 2-5+ years working with Sybase IQ or comparable RDBMS with skills to create and maintain stored procedures, manage database objects and perform data optimization tasks as necessary * Experience coding/deploying to Unix/Linux and Windows
* Competency - Able to work independently or in a group to maintain existing applications and develop new ones with short iterative development cycles.
* Competency - Able to solve complex technical problems and effectively communicate solutions.
* Competency - Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
* RDBMS (Sybase, Oracle 11g, Postgres 9.0+)
* Linux/Unix toolset for C++ de (vi, make, etc.)
* Perforce (or other source control solution)
* Nice to Have * .Net
* Python or other scripting languages
* FIX experience
About BGC Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.