Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Responsible for the management of data collection, data integration, and data transformation activities, in support of the development of new information products and analytical reporting applications. Will collaborate with development teams to support products that are scalable, and reusable across many client environments.
Essential Job Duties:
* Perform mining and transformation of complex data sets, including internal real estate data, as well as external data (for example, social media data, mapping data, demographic data, climate data, market data, sensor data, etc.)
* Develop automated scripting to support recurring refreshes to data used in information products, including re-application of data transformations
* Develop tools to monitor and resolve data quality issues
* Work with team to develop automation of data processes, minimizing the need for manual intervention
* Work closely with client account and development teams to determine business requirements, identify business-focused use cases, and create design documents for pre-development approval
* Assist in the development of business cases to gain executive support for new product proposals
* Author high-quality technical documentation and to follow development processes for audit/compliance purposes
* Prepare data for use in Business Intelligence reports and analytics (particularly QlikView)
* Perform ETL on data from a variety of sources using standard tools such as Alteryx, Python, or others
* Experience in data exploration and refining data sets before determining the solution design
Skills, Education and Expertise:
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
* Experience in Data Warehouse/ETL
* Experience with multiple types of data stores - not only relational databases
* Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve complex issues
* Project and time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
* Verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts and data-driven findings to business stakeholders, and to explain processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources
* Understands the real estate industry and the business drivers of real estate teams, both internal and external
* May perform other duties as assigned
Benefits and Perks:
* Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
* Generous healthcare
* Bright Horizons back-up care program
* Generous paid time off
* Education reimbursement
* Referral Program
* Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About BGC Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.