eOperations is a global team spread across EMEA, APAC and US providing level-one trading platform, middle-office, market data and STP support, for the BGC group (BGC/GFI/Cantor Fitzgerald/RP Martin/Sunrise/Mint/Aurel/Latium), across FX/Rates/Credit markets.
The team receives issues/requests from both internal (eSales, product, brokers) & external (traders, operations/IT support teams) clients. Leveraging a unique skillset mix (business, product, technical and compliance knowledge, along with relationship management) to investigate and resolve or delegate these to other IT teams where required. Therefore adding business value and mitigating risk exposure (revenue, reputation and financial).
Operating in a fast-paced environment, request/issues are mostly time-sensitive and carry potential financial and/or reputational risk, particularly in volatile markets. Therefore multi-tasking, assessing priority, ownership and proactive communication both to clients and within the team, is of utmost importance.
The eOperations analyst will join the US team, working together as a unit to provide coverage across various services supported but also working independently where needed.
* First-line response for questions/issues (via email, phone, Bloomberg IM); ensuring all detail logged clearly in ticketing system (JIRA) for audit trail and metrics, ownership and proactive client updates through to resolution.
* Log file investigation for trade/user actions.
* Raising defects with development and product teams.
* Perform daily health checks.
* BAU application deployment to external customers.
* Provide platform/middle office training where required (brokers, other team members, external clients)
* Producing regular and ad hoc operational reports (i.e. client user lists, login reports)
* Logging into UAT environment to increase own knowledge of platforms and reproduce issues from live environment.
* Real-time surveillance of electronic trading activity.
* Collaborating with Asia and London eOperations teams, for shared services.
* Document and update internal procedures/client contacts on central repository (confluence).
* Collaborate with various stakeholders on:
* Existing business functional changes
* New product launches.
* Regulatory and external client driven change.
About BGC Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.