Arthur J Gallagher
Benefits Technical Manager
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource − our people.
As part of the Human Resources team, the Benefits Technical Manager manages the technical and operational administration of corporate health & welfare, retirement, financial, and ancillary benefit plans for Gallagher's U.S. population of 15,000. Responsibilities will include the following areas: process design and documentation, technical definition and oversight, project management of benefit plan-related initiatives, user testing and data integrity reviews, document administration, and plan analytics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervises partnership with the HRIS team to determine use of technology and cross-functional processes to support plan administration and data integrity controls.
* Monitors ongoing accuracy and efficiency of Oracle benefits functionality; assesses impact of plan changes on system design, reviews functional requirements documentation, monitors development and technical testing efforts, and supervises user acceptance testing.
* Collaborates with HRIS teams in developing project management timelines and deliverables, and manages functional team participation in technical initiatives.
* Defines functional configuration requirements for HRIS platform, reporting, and interface initiatives.
* Conducts analysis to determine regression impact of proposed technical solutions on functional process and downstream applications.
* Monitors accuracy and efficiency of internal and external administrative processes; identifies and advocates for changes as needed.
* Coordinates development of new processes to support new plans, projects, and other corporate initiatives as needed.
* Maintains documentation of plan administration activities to support cross-training initiatives.
* Ensures company compliance with provisions of ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, and other federal, state, and local laws. Researches, reviews, and analyzes changes to state and federal regulations related to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
* Defines and maintains process documentation and data definitions within and across multiple HR functions;
* Contributes to multi-functional HR data strategy initiatives;
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree;
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in a Technical Project Manager role, with an emphasis in Benefits
* Prior experience with HRIS and data administration project lifecycle;
* Solid knowledge of HRIS system design; Oracle Workforce Rewards or similar Total Rewards HCM application experience is desirable;
* Working knowledge of business activities and objectives of functional teams within HR (Benefits, Payroll, Compensation, etc.);
* Working knowledge of employee benefit plan design, administration, and compliance activities
* Ability to collaborate on and manage complex, multi-team projects;
* Experience working in a business environment undergoing significant change or growth;
* Proficient in MS Office suite of applications;
* Project Management skills
* Highly analytical mindset with careful attention to detail;
* Ability to interact with internal and external colleagues in a confident, professional manner; comfortable conducting meetings and educational sessions;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly articulate process and data requirements and solution to both technical and functional audiences;
* Highly receptive to change, continuous improvement, growth and development; able to quickly adapt to changing requirements and environment;
* Excellent customer service orientation, including timely follow-up, interpersonal skills;
* Ability to receive and act on feedback for improvement and professionally share improvement opportunities with colleagues;
* Ability to influence, lead and collaborate on project teams
U.S. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non−immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.