Arthur J Gallagher
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Internal growth opportunity has led us to seek a new team member to help further expand our use of data and analytics by enhancing our enterprise data warehouse assets. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and navigating challenges with SSIS packages that implement complex ETL processes. As an effective communicator, you will partner with the business to receive and analyze requirements. Together, we will implement robust, maintainable solutions that serve our business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, develop, and test SSIS jobs and reusable components to implement specified business requirements
* Develop scripts for data file processing and process integration tasks.
* Fix and optimize new and existing ETL packages
* Craft technical documents and design process diagrams
* Develop functional criteria for data acquisition, transformation and load processes
* Conduct code reviews and participate in technical design
* Prepare unit and integration test plan documents; perform unit and systems integration tests and document test results
* Support BI Team during functional, UAT, regression, and performance testing
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years of IT experience
* 1 year of SSIS experience using MS SQL Server 2008 or later
* You are someone who demonstrates broad knowledge of ETL development in an SSIS dimensional database environment and at least a year of experience:
* Implementing ETL for Data Warehouse solutions
* RDBMS design, development, and performance tuning
* Scheduling ETL jobs using SQL Agent, and external scheduling tool
* Performance tuning deploying and administering SSIS packages
* You have voracious curiosity to learn how things work and how to make them work better.
* You are effective in translating complex business requirements into technical solutions. You communicate effectively with peers and other team members.
* You enjoy the variety of both independent and team projects.
* You're proficient in reading, writing and tuning of ANSI SQL, MS SQL Server DTS and T-SQL code.
* Experience working in an Agile team
* Familiarity with .NET and C# framework
* MCITP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP or other industry-related certifications
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Apply online to be considered
* 18 years of age or older
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States is required. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified persons with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. #LI-CM2
About Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.