About the Role:
We're looking for Backend Engineers for our team. We are looking for individuals with a track record of success when working on deeply technical problems. We recognize that diversity is a critical part of being an innovative company-diverse perspectives and different backgrounds are the key ingredients to building the best products.
From Hudson Yards to Levi's Stadium, our customers build some of the most amazing construction projects on the planet. PlanGrid is spearheading the industry's transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. You'll work with top-tier design and QA teams to build flexible solutions that allow customers to manage their data throughout the lifecycle of their construction projects.
We are also open to remote engineers!
* Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
* Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
* Have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, theory basics, etc.)
* Feel at home using a *nix shell and common system utilities (ssh, grep, xargs, tail, ps, etc.)
Ideally, candidates will also have experience with:
* REST API and library design
* Database design and optimization
* Asynchronous processing and infrastructure
* Advanced image processing/optimization
* Performance analysis across distributed systems
* Refactoring and re-architecting to support new models and paradigms
The ideal teammate has:
* A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results.
* Pride over everything you ship: You would never release code until you're confident it provides real value to customers.
* Love for building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
* Customer empathy: You have a high degree of customer empathy and drive to understand users' pain points. You strive to frame problems using the best conceptual models.
* A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate collaboration, and play a key role to make the company win.
* Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs - business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity - in every decision.
* Located in San Francisco's Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
* 401k + Company matching
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* $500 annual wellness reimbursement
* Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Dog-friendly office
* Catered lunches 3x/week
* We provide paid parental leave for both parents
* Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software that construction teams love to use. As part of Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), whose mission is to seamlessly connect the office, trailer and the field across the entire construction project lifecycle, PlanGrid's mobile-first solutions empower general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects to provide fast, accurate information to the field. With unparalleled adoption by field workers, PlanGrid is used on projects as the single source of truth for all construction data - including drawings, photos, and other critical documents. As a result, critical workflows are streamlined, efficiency is improved and field teams can take on more work and get more done. PlanGrid's software and other Autodesk Construction Solutions products enable a complete data set to move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover, and operations. PlanGrid is used on more 1.5 million construction projects in 100+ countries.
Join us as PlanGrid and ACS advance Autodesk's leadership in construction.
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk's Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.
PlanGrid is a company that develops a cloud-based application that allows users to store blueprints and construction documents on iOS devices.