About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, product-focused Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team and build the next generation of construction productivity software. Our customers are building some of the most amazing construction projects on the planet, and PlanGrid allows them to be radically more efficient.
This engineer will be responsible for:
* Building, shipping, and maintaining features on our Workflows products
* Maintaining a high standard of code quality by leading team best practices around testing, code reviews, and design patterns
* Translating complex design and product requirements into discrete engineering tasks with level of effort estimates
* Communicating status updates, identifying potential blockers, and resolving the root cause of slowdowns with Product Managers and the rest of the engineering team
* Providing technical mentorship and guidance to junior engineers
* Collaborating with backend engineers to drive the design of our APIs and backend services
* Understanding product and business requirements as a foundation for making technical decisions
* Leading the long-term technical direction of the frontend code base for our product, pushing the team forward to adopt new tools, patterns, languages, or frameworks when appropriate
The right person for this job is:
* Motivated by the challenge of leading our team to ship faster, smarter, and with higher quality
* Driven by the impact our product has for our users in the real world
* As comfortable communicating with junior engineers as they are with management and stakeholders in other disciplines
* Ready to take on the responsibilities of a tech lead
Must have experience with:
* Automated testing for web applications (such as with Jest, Enzyme, and Cypress)
* A degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or significant professional experience working as a software engineer
Bonus points if you have experience using:
* Static typing with Typescript or FlowGraphQL / Apollo ClientStorybook.jsTDD / XP or other structured development methodologies
* Located in San Francisco's Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
* 401k + Company matching
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* $500 annual wellness reimbursement
* Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Dog-friendly office
* Catered lunches 3x/week
* We provide paid parental leave for both parents
* Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software that construction teams love to use. As part of Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), whose mission is to seamlessly connect the office, trailer and the field across the entire construction project lifecycle, PlanGrid's mobile-first solutions empower general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects to provide fast, accurate information to the field. With unparalleled adoption by field workers, PlanGrid is used on projects as the single source of truth for all construction data - including drawings, photos, and other critical documents. As a result, critical workflows are streamlined, efficiency is improved and field teams can take on more work and get more done. PlanGrid's software and other Autodesk Construction Solutions products enable a complete data set to move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover, and operations. PlanGrid is used on more 1.5 million construction projects in 100+ countries.
Join us as PlanGrid and ACS advance Autodesk's leadership in construction.
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk's Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.
PlanGrid is a company that develops a cloud-based application that allows users to store blueprints and construction documents on iOS devices.