AWM - Technology & Operations Global Technology Program Manager - Associate
Req #: 190061681
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
The AWM Technology & Operations Finance Business Management team supports the Technology CIO and Operations Lead and their respective organizations within Asset Wealth Management. The team is responsible for governing the AWM technology portfolio which includes defining governance standards and monitoring the program portfolio as it drives the annual technology budgeting process and ongoing monitoring. This team is a central coordination point between Finance, Business management and the firm's various Central function teams.
The candidate should have experience in business management with sound understanding of financial management of a technology portfolio. The candidate should also possess a good working knowledge of financial systems and processes, as well as experience with managing large data-sets and using aggregation tools to consolidate data into meaningful reporting views. Candidate should have familiarity with streamlining governance and financial processes to minimize delivery timelines. The successful candidate needs to have a holistic understanding of technology portfolio management from demand through close. Experience within financial services is a plus.
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to administration of the Asset and Wealth Management Software Engineer Program and supporting the Lead Business Manager for Wealth Management Technology.
The Software Engineer Program provides exposure to multiple technology areas across the organization. In addition to the full-time program there are a number of feeder programs: summer analysts and extended education programs with target schools. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively and with confidence across a broad stakeholder community (i.e., technology managers, real estate, finance and business management) and help determine demand, assign resources and confirm seating.
Support of the Business Management function will include defining standards and governance of technology investment prioritization, portfolio management as well as business case development and monitoring. Supporting resource management, financial management and analyses, location strategy, business metrics and analyses, and efficiency program management.
Responsible for the end-to-end management within AWM Technology as part of the Software Engineer Program and feeder programs across the United States, EMEA, and India including but not limited to:
* Design, develop, and implement features of the AWM Software Engineer Program for the future
* Oversee Analyst on-boarding
* Coordinating the Performance Management cycle for the analyst programs
* Determine On-going training and development
* Support Rotational mobility as applicable
* Enhance Analyst Experience
* Create and execute training program for Asset and Wealth Management wide Analyst Training Program, including, but not limited to:
* Curriculum / Content Creation
* Budget management
* Vendor management
* Development and Coaching of new hires
* Event facilitation
* Adjustments based on feedback from both analysts and managers to ensure top quality content
* Continuing logistical management of the various programs. This includes:
Strategic demand planning globally
* Define and implement analyst placement process aligning to business priorities
* Active management and engagement with current analysts and analyst's managers
* Ensure manager accountability
* Recruitment / talent identification
* Identification of high-performing feeder analysts for full-time program
* Point of contact for analyst inquiries
* Mature and mentor an Alumni program for all program graduates
* Support and drive an Analyst and Manager feedback process for future development of the programs
Other responsibilities include:
* Financial management, planning, budgeting, and forecasting for AWM Technology costs, including variance analysis, headcount reporting and allocation of cost
* Managing and driving the Annual Plan / Budget process
* Driving the business case process (including benefits management, KPI, NPV, etc.) for the technology portfolio
* Ongoing governance of the portfolio and standards definition/maintenance. This includes consistent and regular monitoring of the portfolio to ensure that data remains compliant with the standards and that the appropriate teams are held accountable for adherence
* Drive coordination / execution of firm wide optimization / business mandates
* Process definition and improvement with specific context/understanding around organization design, technology delivery (i.e. Agile/Waterfall), executive reporting standards, etc.
* Partnering closely with the AWM PMO team to support the various reporting and optimization efforts
* Highly motivated in developing junior talent, ideally with some previous experience in talent management & development
* Ability to influence and partner effectively with Senior Management
* Ability to establish, maintain, and influence strong internal and external relationships
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong public speaking and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects
* Strong organizational and planning abilities; ability to multi-task
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
* Strategic thinker with strong analytic skills
* Ability to provide coaching and deliver feedback
* Proven data management capabilities
* Strong problem solving and decision making skills
* Proficient with Excel, Word, Access
* Strong PowerPoint/data visualization skills
* Knowledge of the Software Engineer Program or E2 program would be a plus
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.